Critique my listing - Eric6043, Temecula, California, United States

Eric6043
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Critique my listing - Eric6043, Temecula, California, United States

Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 12.21.31.png

Can someone take a look at my listing and tell me what they think "wine country lake house" thanks you

2 Replies 2

@Eric6043  OK first off, don't put your title in all-caps. That signifies that you're yelling.

Next, your listing is way incomplete. First, you need to fill in your listing description. No need to write a novel, just a paragraph summarizing the layout of the space and the amenities. Captions on the photos are also useful, even though yours are pretty self-explanatory. Add some written House Rules (e.g. policy on unregistered guests, which is very important if you don't want your home completely trashed by a party). And if you want to inspire trust with guests who are wary of renting an unreviewed home, you should have a complete profile with a bit of personable text and a picture of your actual face, rather than a house named Eric.

As for the property itself...well, personally when I think of renting a lake house in the wine country, I'm picturing lots of time enjoying the sunshine and the outdoors, so the first thing I'd be looking for in a listing there is pictures of the home's outdoor area. A pleasant garden with enough outdoor seating for the whole group would be a huge plus, so if you offer something like that, take some pictures and move them to the front. And re-shoot all the interiors with the windows open to get some warm natural light in there.

Aesthetically, I confess I don't quite understand what you're going for. The brief listing text and the pile of bunk beds suggest that you're targeting families with kids, but I'm not seeing any child-safety features or family-friendly amenities in the house. Dedicating entire walls to gigantic images of wine glasses and Leonardo DiCaprio playing a con artist is certainly an unconventional style choice, but the style is so aggressive that it may put off people who just want a mellow environment for their vacation getaway. If you're aiming to make this home a full-time vacation rental, you might want to decide whether you're aiming for families or adult groups, and invest in an interior designer to help make the space fit your goals.

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Eric6043 Hi Eric,

Your photos are very dark. I see you have all shutters closed. Open them and let the sunlight in. If the contrast is too much during the day, take photos on a sunny day at the golden hour. You get fantastic photos with lots of charming light. It will get you lots of bookings. Next, the last photos are photos you copied from the internet. The resolution is low and it looks unprofessional. Come on .... take the car ... go over there and take the pictures yourself 🙂 .

Make an effort to put some text in. You only have one sentence. You can only book when you bring the whole family???? 

Groetjes Katja