Jamie914
Level 2
Walden, NY

Critique my listing - Jamie from West Virginia

airbnb.com/h/theaddisonrosehouse  

Thanks for your feedback. 

New to hosting.

Things are going well so far. 

I can't attach pictures because of size.

1 Best Answer
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Jamie914 , welcome to Airbnb! 

First of all, I'd choose a more descriptive title. The Addison Rose House tells me nothing of what to expect. "Charming Cape Cod style home" or "Veteran-owned Cape Cod style house". "Vintage Cape Cod style house" or something more descriptive. 

The pictures are descriptive, I'd suggest including a layout overview, drawing, so people can get the full feel of it. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Jamie914 , welcome to Airbnb! 

First of all, I'd choose a more descriptive title. The Addison Rose House tells me nothing of what to expect. "Charming Cape Cod style home" or "Veteran-owned Cape Cod style house". "Vintage Cape Cod style house" or something more descriptive. 

The pictures are descriptive, I'd suggest including a layout overview, drawing, so people can get the full feel of it. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Jamie914  looks good, although when you get a chance to update pics remember that horizontals display better.  not sure what's going on with the photoshopped grass in the backyard pic?  i assume you've added blur/cloning to the other exterior ones for a reason? (were you trying to remove power lines or something?) probably most don't notice it. 

I'd leave off the directions to your place as part of the listing, you can add that info into the check in instructions and keep it private. 

Looks good, all the best!

@Gillian166 thank you!

Where is the directions showing up? I thought where I put that was for registered guests only..

Appreciate your input!

@Jamie914  there was something in there about what street to arrive at.  

under Other Things to Note

Other things to note

This lovely home is located in the heart of Webster Springs. The entrance and front of the house is adjacent to an empty lot. Bridge Street is best used for GPS with no house number. This is a dead end street and we are the only house located there.

I would probably put things like the utility cupboard being for the cleaners' use in this spot as this info isn't going to make or break someone doing the booking, but it's good you've mentioned that upstairs is offlimits in the main part of the listing.  I've got things like: no smoking (I mention this a lot!) and i warn there will be a fee if we detect smoke, we have farm animals, pool not heated in august, non-discrimination policy, and some other things.

There is a dedicated spot to put arrival instructions.