Critique my listing - Jamila - St. Ann, Jamaica

Jamila84
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Critique my listing - Jamila - St. Ann, Jamaica

Hi Everyone!

I am new to hosting. I listed my property a little over a month ago. So far I have 3 bookings for July and 1 for August. While I am super thankful for these bookings, I'm still wondering what I can do to make my listing more attractive and easier to find. Hope you're able to access the link below! Thanks in advance for any advice at all.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/629616672183247432?guests=1&adults=1&s=13&unique_share_id=ba3bc85f-a7e8...

IMG-20220701-WA0012.jpg

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jamila84 

The URL to your listing is (leaving out the booking parameters) :

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/629616672183247432

It is not "your property", as you are a co-host.

- The listing does not contain section "sleeping arrangements"

- No discounts for weekly or monthly stays

@Emiel1 

Thanks for the feedback!

I own the home but someone else is managing the property for me.

@Jamila84  The home is very nice, but the lead photo is actually its weakest image, as it's dominated by the out-of-focus plants in the foreground. Photo 3 does a better job of conveying the pleasant light and sea view; it looks absolutely refreshing.

This is just a matter of personal preferences, but I hate seeing cheugy signs with words like "HOME" being used as Airbnb decorations. Nobody would ever put those up in their own houses - it just makes my skin crawl. I'd recommend taking all of them away and burning them immediately. They simply need to stop existing.

The title is also a bit of a head-scratcher. What does "Taylor'D" mean with respect to the house? That Taylor Swift wrote a breakup song about it?

Jamila84
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Thanks for the feedback @Anonymous .

I'll look back at the photos. I had actually really liked the first photo with the blurry effect but seeing it from your perspectice now.

Noted regarding the decor:-)

The name of our home is actually a play on our last name, which is Taylor...so our home is an escape tailored to our guests. Hence Taylor'D Escape! I can understand the head scratching though!

@Jamila84  Ah OK. The play on words would be cute if people already knew your surname, but to a stranger viewing search results, it just looks like a typo. Also, all-caps looks like yelling, which is the opposite of the relaxed and classy vibe that your home is all about.

One thing I didn't catch the first time (probably because I was distracted by the Taylor pun) is that your title mentions a private beach. The written description doesn't clarify what you mean by that, so I'm guessing that the beach is "private" to the whole gated community. But maybe some guests will think the listing includes an exclusive beach that's accessible to nobody but them. If that's not the case, I'd take the word "private" out of it. 

Jamila84
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

@Anonymous Gotcha! Thanks much.