Critique my listing - Kim from Dandridge

Answered!
Kimberly735
Level 2
North Carolina, United States

Critique my listing - Kim from Dandridge

0826210918_HDR.jpgHi. I am new to hosting and would appreciate feed back on my listing. I seem to fall in the family realm and want to be sure that I have the second room listed properly. The bed is a convertible from twin to king, but no way other than captions to state. Suggestions, please and any other feedback will be welcome. 

Thank you,

Kim 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kimberly735 I would update 'The space' section to explain the bed situation. If your market is families I think you have got it right to list as 2 twin beds but you might benefit from people knowing it can be made a kingsize bed.

I suggest you look at your listing as if you are a guest and you will see that captions don't show up well so the bed concept isn't getting across well.

Do your guests have to ask you to make up a king size bed or are you expecting them to just push them together?

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kimberly735 I would update 'The space' section to explain the bed situation. If your market is families I think you have got it right to list as 2 twin beds but you might benefit from people knowing it can be made a kingsize bed.

I suggest you look at your listing as if you are a guest and you will see that captions don't show up well so the bed concept isn't getting across well.

Do your guests have to ask you to make up a king size bed or are you expecting them to just push them together?

Kimberly735
Level 2

@Mike-And-Jane0  Thank you. I will update the space. I ask in my one will prior message off they want me to make it as king or twin so that I can do at turnover.

Thanks again,

Kim

@Kimberly735   Your home looks beautiful, spacious, and clean, with some cute design flourishes. It's a nice touch that you featured photos from different seasons. The interactive House Manual really shows that you've put a lot of thought into your hospitality style.

As long as you're targeting groups of up to 4, I don't recommend offering an air mattress as an additional sleeping option (despite the name of the website). You don't want for one of your first reviews to be written by the person in the group who slept on the air mat. 

One area to take a closer look at is the photography - users of the mobile app tend to look more at the pictures than the text descriptions, so it's important that they reflect the quality and professionalism you invest in your hosting. Images that are out of focus or at weird angles should be deleted and re-shot with a good camera as soon as possible. A lot of hobby photographers probably pass through your area, so perhaps one would happily accept a discounted stay in exchange for some high quality images.

Speaking of discounts, the pricing seems quite low for a whole two-bedroom house. I don't know what kind of rates your competitors have, but I definitely wouldn't trust Airbnb's pricing suggestions - they're a race to the bottom and the algorithm doesn't account for listings' specs and amenities.

Kimberly735
Level 2

@Anonymous  Thank you for the input. I actually have a hobby photographer staying tonight to see what i may have overlooked. I have also asked her to shoot some pictures. Hopefully that will help.

Have a wonderful day!

Kim

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kimberly735  I would definitely not list that bed as 2 twins. That is quite misleading- guests who are not into sharing a bed will assume there are 2 separate twin beds.

Either list it as a king, if it is comfortable for 2 people without feeling a separation between the mattresses (have you tried sleeping on it?), or as a twin if not. Then explain it in the "The  space" section, which you have not used correctly- that is meant to be a place to describe the layout of the house and the rooms, etc.

I also like your sense of decor- the place looks cozy without being cluttered, it has an airy feel to it and you have a great sense of color combos.

But I will second the "get rid of the wonky photos" advice. Take normal photos, not ones which distort the space and make it look larger than it is (and make sure whoever retakes the photos understands this- real estate type photos aren't suitable for an Airbnb) There is no need to try to get an entire room in a photo if that results in misleading, cockeyed photos. Just take 2 or 3 photos of each room from different vantage points, so guests get an accurate picture of the space.

And I suggest you reorder the photos- have all the indoor spaces together, not broken up by photos of the landscape and wildlife. And some of your photos are redundant- way too many deck photos, all showing the same thing. More photos is not necessarily better if they are redundant.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kimberly735 I am now confused. I saw a picture of two beds together making a twin and one twin bed (where I assumed the other was on the other side of the room). If I am wrong and the two twin beds have to be together then I agree with @Sarah977 . Ideally you need one picture showing the twin beds and one picture showing the king size bed with its bedding. Then none of us will be confused.