Critique my listing - Moises in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

Moises80
Level 2
Windsor, Canada

Critique my listing - Moises in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

I am having issues maintaining a high occupancy rate. I'd like any feedback, tips, or recommendations, please.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Link:

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/42245817?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=d30c0c43-13cc-43ac-8705-...

PXL_20210924_172735765.jpgPXL_20210924_172838122.jpgPXL_20210924_173233392.jpgPXL_20210924_173338113.jpg

30 Replies 30
Keith623
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

I clicked on your link fully expecting to see your web page open up, instead I ended up seeing 4 pictures and tobe honest my immediate thought was Garage Conversion.

For me you need at least 20 Good Quality mixed photo#s and at least 1 outside shot, the best angle you can take and do add some shots of the facilities you are offering, ie washing machine, microwave, cooker, Pots n Pans, utensils, bathroom / Shower Room and finish up dressing the bed and adding 2 more pillows to the bed and then add folded neatly some towels at the end of the bed then a great photo across the bed from a low corner position.

Get some curtains and Black out Blinds.

Can I assume you have Wifi and a Flat Screen Tv

Get a Tray and set up Tea, Coffee, Water, Kettle, Cafeteria and Biscuits or are you only charging 20 dollars a night, if so then scrap the luxuries .

Top tip, do not be tempted to use coloured towels, they bring down any quality you are trying to achieve, white is best!!!

Mr Spence Eng

ApartmentsWales.com

Thanks for the feedback @Keith623 .

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Moises80 

It does look rather grim and dingy in those pictures.

You have two nice reviews so I assume that it looks much more inviting when guests arrive.

Some appealing photos would help a lot.

Thanks for the feedback @Brian2036 .

Karen3042
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

@Karen3042 

Your space is enchanting and cozy.  The details and finishes are super fun, I love the pipe shelves. The clean wood floors are so much cleaner than carpet.  What does it look like outside?

The photos perhaps could use better lighting.  Adding an extra set of pillows or a body pillow behind the ones already in place on the bed will make it more inviting.  A blanket somewhere in the photos may be a plan. 

I achieved better success when I added UBC to my listing title. UBC = University of British Columbia. Perhaps add a location or enticing word to your listing.  If your promoting private retreat, add that.  

I agree with adding more detailed photos, piles of fluffy towels, a sexy nesspresso machine, the flat screen tv if you have one.  

I am curious about the fire, do you bring the guest the wood, is it difficult to light.  This may seem second nature to you but a new experience for your guests.  

If you have time will you please critique mine....

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/51939685?adults=4&translate_ugc=false&federated_search_id=ee1e5dfc-6acb-... 

Thanks for the feedback @Karen3042 .

Wood floors all day vs carpets in my opinion as well, I am trying to choose decorations, details, and materials that are not time-consuming when it comes to the cleaning aspect. For example, all paint is "easy-to-clean", wood floors are not real wood but laminate and waterproof (easier to clean and spillproof), countertop is also made of a material that is easy to clean, stainless steel for other things, etc.

As per the pictures, yes, I agree, they are dark, I am trying to find a balance between light- cozy, I do not want to make it look like it is super illuminated and open because it really is not. But I guess that's open to debate.

The fire, the fireplace is gas, no need for wood, and controlled by a thermostat. Should I clarify? Maybe at the thumbnail of the picture.

Regarding your listing, here we go... I am new so my critique is not coming from an expert host 😉

UBC in your listing title. I had no idea what UBC meant until you told me, but at the same time, I assume that if my interest in staying in Vancouver is the UBC then I will find your listing easier I guess.

I see that you mention a TV with Chromecast, have you had any issues with people trying to cast from an iPhone? I was about to do the same but I am aware that Chromecast won't work with iPhone unless you download a different app. 

I like the details on the pictures, and I loved how you arranged them in sections, like bathroom and all bathroom pictures are there, I did not know you could do that, I'll investigate, although my listing is very small and probably won't make sense to do it?

About the patio, I'd suggest more pictures or at least one where you can see what people would be looking at if they sat on those blue chairs.

With a full kitchen and Airbnb's enhanced cleaning process, every time I wash all the dishes and pots and everything even if they were not used at all, I always wonder how difficult it is when you have a full kitchen,  I see you have a 100 CAD cleaning fee, in my opinion quite expensive, but I could be wrong.

Regards,

Heck yes, my mentor who has created several spaces was adamant about mentioning GAS FIRE PLACE.  easy peasy.

Heck yes, find that feature that arranges the pictures.  Set up day was a blur but we did that from the Air BnB site.  Use ALL the features, you may be small but the point is to entice as many guests as possible.

Smart idea about the outside space, next time we are vacant I will definitely follow that idea.  

Cleaning all the dishes is a huge part of the time spent cleaning up.  The dishwasher is the first thing that gets going.  The pots and pans and bowls go in my upstairs dishwasher.  I get my steps in on turn over day.  I just purchased a second set of linens, sheets, pillow cases, towels and duvet covers.  This made cleaning day much less stressful.

The cleaning fee is in line with Vancouver maid services.  My cleaner charges $40 an hour and I use the two hours to the fullest.  I also bust my butt on turn over day.  My son is in charge of arranging flowers, filling toiletries, topping up the coffee and tea and getting milk/cream/oak milk/soy milk in the fridge.  Vancouver is expensive!  My cleaning fee reflects this. 

Thank you so much for giving me some solid advise!  Best of luck to you with hosting.  

Great cozy home! I like it)

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Moises80 

Take photographs at waist height, they will look better.

Thanks for the feedback @Elena87 .

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Moises80  I would replace the colored bedspread with something patterned in bright colors, if you get one of those 'bed in a bag' sets it should also come with a couple of decorative pillows and pillow shams.  I think a nicely dressed bed will help with the space a lot.

The photos are dark, but I see your point about not making it seem super bright when in reality, it won't be.  Potentially you could play with different types of bulbs that give a warmer or cooler tone and see how that changes the photos.

Thanks for the feedback @Mark116 .

Елена172
Level 2
Belgorod, Russia

Hello Friend! YES, the photos are dark, you need to make them lighter, I would put a light bedspread on the bed .. I will also redo my photos and bought a white sheet. 

Thanks for the feedback @Елена172 .