Critique my listing- Monica - Windsor Ontario

Elevation-PTY0
Level 2
Windsor, Canada

Critique my listing- Monica - Windsor Ontario

I've been hosting for almost 3 months. I'm having an issue with consistent occupancy. I have compared calendars with those in my city. They seem to have lower occupancy rates to but mine is just significantly lower. I have not had a booking in the last 2 weeks straight. That really scares me.

I have also posted this in Facebook Marketplace for short-term rentals, the feedback from applicants seems to be they think it is too expensive. I reduced the price to 1250 monthly per room in the whole house. Still no favorable  results. 

Please let me know what I can improve on and what this listing needs to improve occupancy rates. I'm open to feedback for both renting for room and the whole Space.

Thank you so much for your feedback in advance and your time. I truly appreciate it! 😊 

Full 26+ album can be seen through  listing  link.

PXL_20211105_231042195~2.jpg

PXL_20211105_230232658~2.jpg

PXL_20211105_230516454~2.jpg

PXL_20211103_211103823~2.jpg

PXL_20211103_210750361~2.jpg

PXL_20211103_210750361~2.jpg

PXL_20211103_210158899~2.jpg

PXL_20211103_204024194~2.jpg

PXL_20211103_203835639~2.jpg

PXL_20211105_231227457~2.jpg

  

7 Replies 7
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Elevation-PTY0 Post a link to the listing so it can be accessed quickly. You have several listings attached to your profile.

Hi @Colleen253 

Here is the link. 

https://abnb.me/1ukwm6WZdnb 

Thanks  for  pointing  that out.

Elevation-PTY0
Level 2
Windsor, Canada

Here is the link,  https://abnb.me/1ukwm6WZdnb

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Elevation-PTY0  I don't know your market or your competition, so can't comment on the price point, but your listing description needs work. You should fill out all the sections available in the description section.  Start with an introduction that gives a general overview, and mentions what there is to do in the area.  Then fill out "The Space", where you describe the rooms, features and layout of the house, and property, "Guest Access" and "Other things to note". 

The place itself, while nice, clean, and spacious looking, could use a few improvements. It looks too barren, like you just put some furniture in an empty house. It could use some warming and cozying up- maybe some throw rugs on the bedroom floors, some throw pillows on the couches. The bedrooms are boring-looking- they need a pop of color either with some colorful throw pillows, or something.

And why is there unmatched bedding on the twin beds? It should be the same, otherwise it looks like you just made the beds with whatever bedding you had around. The larger beds need bedside tables and lamps on both sides of the bed, the twin beds need bedside tables and lamps, or one that is long enough to be serviceable for both beds. Move the bedside table that I see on the photo closer to the bed, or it isn't useful, and tuck the cords behind for the photos- they look messy. 

I don't know why you have hung all the wall art almost up near the ceiling, but it looks bizarre and you need to lower them. That will also help to visually fill the space. Wall art needs to be at a reasonable viewing height, not something you crane your neck to see. 

@Sarah977  thank you so much for your feedback. I laughed so hard at the wall art part 😂 because the irony  is I needed to get on a ladder to put them up. I can only  imagine what other guests think while I thought I was doing my best 😂. Thank you again, your humor  made my night

I will work on all the points you mentioned. I have a carpet in the living room but maybe I should  choose a different  colour? Or add more in the bedrooms?  Where should  I be putting this rug?

@Elevation-PTY0  🙂  I added some stuff to my reply while you were posting your reply, so reread it. Yes, some colorful throw rugs in the bedrooms (make sure they have non-slip stuff under them). I'm not enamoured of that living room rug, but that's just my taste. I think something more colorful would be better. 

Don't fall off the ladder.

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

You've gotten some good feedback already, which I agree with 100%. It's mostly design issues with some practical issues, such as more tables and lamps. If you are struggling with design, I'd recommend getting an online design service instead of floundering. There are several out there and you can start with one room at a time.