Critique my listing - Oleh in Los Angeles, USA

Oleh18
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Critique my listing - Oleh in Los Angeles, USA

Hi Community Center,

I am Oleh and I'm pretty new to hosting.  I rented my room from a different place a few times in the past so people left some positive comments. Currently, I am trying to go on a long trip and I want to rent my apartment out. I can only host long-term as my property is not allowed for a short-term rental in LA. It has an additional risk associated with it as I will need to rent to tenants who are protected by local laws. My strategy is to approve only people with good reviews and do not let them stay for too long. Maybe 1-2 months maximum. I saw there is a good demand so it since many people just work from home. My unit has no AC as it is an older building and HOA does not allow the installation of one. I can install the window AC but because of the old trees around the unit and Ocean breeze, I never needed one. Please let me know your thoughts. It would be much appreciated. @Stephanie 

001_be74b5d23ed209c109ba81e144a7f0ac8418238c.jpg

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/596682269980400102?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=86592413-2c85... 

3 Replies 3
Kaytlin3
Level 1
Colorado, United States

Install an A/C window unit (at the very least in the bedroom if not multiple window A/C units). You can paint the picture of not needing it, but without it, you will most likely get a complaint of it being too hot (just kinda how it is....). Other than that, when can I stay? 🙂 Good luck!

-Traveler

Kaytlin Veronica Ehardt-Aguilar

Thanks Kaytlin! This was very helpful. I installed the AC indeed. You can stay anytime! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Oleh18It is great to have you back in our community 😊 I hope everything is going well for you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad