Critique my listing - Pat from Canmore

Patrick2354
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Critique my listing - Pat from Canmore

Hi there,

I’d love any feedback on my listing I will begin hosting shortly.  I’m sure there are missing pieces etc and would greatly appreciate any advice!  Thank you!

https://abnb.me/8mSyiyXYVlb

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Patrick2354 

Nice listing,  but:

- The description mainly sums up amenties (they are already listed under "amenities")

- Please add section "sleeping arrangements".

- No additional houserules ?

- No security deposit ?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Patrick2354 

I agree with @Emiel1 . It looks like a nice listing with good, clear professional photos. That will go a long way.

But, use your description as a marketing tool to sell the place and word it in an enticing manner, not just a list. You can list almost all of the amenities in the appropriate section. You don't get a big word count on the initial description. Think about what will appeal to people most.

Also, would be good to include a bit more information about you as a host. How much interaction do you have with your guests? Who is on hand to respond to their needs, should they have any during their stay?

House rules are super important. Don't assume that just because something is obvious to you that it is to everyone else. I learnt this quite quickly after I started hosting!

Which rules you will include depends on you and your listing, but a few things to consider are:]

- Extra guests: maybe stress your maximum occupancy or extra guest fees if you have them. The important thing to let people know is that undisclosed, un-registered guests will not be tolerated (you want to avoid parties and third party bookings - Airbnb will not cover you for the latter and it seems getting reimbursed for damage from the former is not that easy).

- Noise levels. Think about disturbance to neighbours. Maybe you want to indicate a quiet time, e.g. 11pm-7pm, or whatever you think appropriate.

- Guest damages. Perhaps a good idea to specify that guests will be held accountable for these.