Critique my listing - Renee and Adam in Louisiana, USA

Renee-and-Adam0
Level 1
Louisiana, United States

Critique my listing - Renee and Adam in Louisiana, USA

9cf0acc5-48b8-45cb-bde0-3b6d36d7e5d6.jpeg

Hi! My fiancé and I are new to hosting and are gearing up for our first guests in less than a week.  We would love to have a critique of our listing to find out what we may be missing and to help us improve or space and listing going forward.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

https://airbnb.com/h/lifeslittlediversion

Renee and Adam from Louisiana.

3 Replies 3
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

OMG, love it, i'm sold!   coffee machine, wine glasses and a charcoal bbq - what more do I need? 

Some of your pics are a little low res, even though they appear to be professional images.  But I'm a photographer so just super picky 🙂 don't mind me.  I'm aiming to include a few lifestyle pics when i can, showing guests actually using the spaces. 

love the embroidered bathmat and how clever to have a face washer with "makeup" written on it. Might have to steal that idea!  Although all our towels are dark grey anyway.... that's our colour scheme and it worked out well. 

I also think you've done well to set up some rules about the golf carts and pre-empted any silly behaviour. 

Love your story, all the best to you both. 

@Renee-and-Adam0  You have a really beautiful, well-lit and comfortable looking space. Your descriptions convey fun on every level, and you've clearly put a lot of thought into how to create a great vacation experience for your guests. No doubt here that your guests are going to love this.

I'd make a few minor adjustments to the Guest Access segment of the descriptions. It should be as clear as possible which features (apart from the house itself) are exclusively for guests, and which outdoor amenities are public or shared with neighbors. Life's Little Diversion is a cute title, but I'm not exactly sure whether it refers to just your house or a whole subdivision of the island.

Each dining area and lounge area should have enough seating for your maximum number of guests; otherwise, furniture winds up getting moved around and potentially damaged. Speaking of damage, you're going to get some interest for wild parties way over your occupancy limit, so as much as you don't want to be a buzzkill, you'll have to be extra clear with your boundaries on unregistered guests/visitors  and noise, and be prepared to stand your ground on them before anything has a chance to get out of control. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Gillian166 and @Anonymous for sharing some really useful feedback!

@Renee-and-Adam0 What a wonderful house you have, it's got heaps of charm from head to toe. Do you live on the same island? Although a different kind of island, I'm a huge fan of kitchen islands and yours, with that lovely matching kitchen, would be a delight to cook and eat on while on a getaway. 🙂 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines