Critique my listing - Stasha in Charlotte, NC

Answered!

Critique my listing - Stasha in Charlotte, NC

Hi there!

I'm new to Airbnb (10 stays thus far) and would welcome any critiques on my listing—I am always looking to improve: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/49539936

My biggest concern at this point is to make sure the listing description is not misrepresenting anything about the property. In particular, I want to make sure it's clear that the house is located in a lakeside community—and while the house is not waterfront, it is within a short walking distance to a public dock. In addition, while the house is within driving distance to the center of the city of Charlotte, the neighborhood is on the outskirts of the city. I am also looking to avoid parties and encourage multi-day bookings wherever possible.

I would also welcome any other advice you have for me. Thank you so much for your feedback—I appreciate it!

Best,

Stasha

livingroom.jpeg

1 Best Answer

@Stasha3 it's a really nice listing - nice, well-lit photos, thorough descriptions, and a clear sense of what you're offering. Guests who take the time to read can see that you've accurately described the distance to the lake shore, but it would be helpful to also note the distance to the nearest restaurants, shopping, and points of interest.

If your maximum occupancy is 8, and you don't want parties, I'd strongly recommend removing every mention of extra sleeping surfaces other than the 5 beds. That's only encouraging people to bring in a bunch of unpaid extra guests that will be nothing but trouble. It's not enough just to say "no parties" in the House Rules - you need to be more specific and state that no unregistered visitors may enter the property at any time, designate "quiet hours" is noise is an issue in the community, and set a minimum stay of 3+ nights to back that up. It helps that you live close enough to keep tabs on things, but every step you can take to prevent a disaster booking from happening in the first place saves many headaches down the line. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I can't fault it. Well done!

Thanks so much for taking a look!

@Stasha3 it's a really nice listing - nice, well-lit photos, thorough descriptions, and a clear sense of what you're offering. Guests who take the time to read can see that you've accurately described the distance to the lake shore, but it would be helpful to also note the distance to the nearest restaurants, shopping, and points of interest.

If your maximum occupancy is 8, and you don't want parties, I'd strongly recommend removing every mention of extra sleeping surfaces other than the 5 beds. That's only encouraging people to bring in a bunch of unpaid extra guests that will be nothing but trouble. It's not enough just to say "no parties" in the House Rules - you need to be more specific and state that no unregistered visitors may enter the property at any time, designate "quiet hours" is noise is an issue in the community, and set a minimum stay of 3+ nights to back that up. It helps that you live close enough to keep tabs on things, but every step you can take to prevent a disaster booking from happening in the first place saves many headaches down the line. 

Thanks so much for your feedback, Andrew! This is truly helpful and I will plan on making some changes per your suggestions!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stasha3 

I totally agree with @Anonymous 

Your listing looks lovely. The main thing I would be worried about is attracting partiers, because it looks like a big space and a great place to throw parties! People who are determined to do that might easily ignore the fact that it's in a quiet community. 

On top of his suggestions, I would add, do not allow last minute bookings. Set your booking window to at least one days' notice, or maybe more.

I would also be very wary of any guest that tries to book for one, or two. Doesn't mean they'll be a problem, but you just need to ask more questions to make sure they are not planning to bring unauthorised guests. Likewise, if more local guests want to book, you will need to know the exact purpose of their visit.

Good luck! I am sure it will be a success.

@Huma0 Thanks so much! I really appreciate your feedback and will take these into account as I seek to avoid attracting partiers!