Critique my listing Susanna from West of Ireland

Susanna333
Level 2
Castlebar, Ireland

Critique my listing Susanna from West of Ireland

Not totally new to hosting but found it difficult to get started properly on Air BnB.

Don't think I'm there yet.  I get single bookings but very few double or family bookings.

I spent a lot of time in the past couple of days trying to get used to the site

I have a Guesthouse in the town centre with 8 en-suite rooms.  How can I best advertise this?

Thank you Susanna

https://www.airbnb.ie/manage-your-space/24146108/details

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susanna333 I think you need to make a few changes.

1) To cover 8 rooms you need 8 listings. Your current listing has all 8 rooms described which is wrong.

2) If you have other routes to market perhaps just put 4 rooms on Airbnb (4 listings)

3) You could, if your physical layout allows, also put a listing up for 2 rooms - You would need to link its calendar to two of the other listings to prevent double bookings. This would allow people searching for a family of say 4 to find you.

4) Would booking.com perhaps serve you better as they seem more suited to hotel-like set ups (not that I have experience of them.

Mike and Jane.

Thank you for the feedback  Is there a video to show me how to list these rooms and how to link a calendar

Thanks Susanna

https://www.airbnb.ie/manage-your-space/54338853/details/safety-info

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susanna333 no idea re videos. Linking calendars I think comes under pricing and availability (I think) and is fairly self explanatory.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susanna333  As Mike and Jane said, you need at least 8 listings, and you could have more if you wanted to have optionswherre guests could book 2 or 3 rooms. 

You only picture the specific room you are advertising on each listing, plus the common spaces.  You only state the maximum number of guests for that one room  on each listing.

As it stands, your listings are quite confusing. The first says 3 guests, one bedroom, then seems to picture multiple bedrooms and mentions 3 bedrooms.

Susanna333
Level 2
Castlebar, Ireland

Sarah.  Thank you.  I feel that I need the assistance of someone working for Air  BnB to help me get setup.   I am with Booking.Com and find their site much easier to navigate and get help with.     I will have to try and make contact 

@Susanna333  No one from Airbnb customer service will help you with that, and in fact, may give you misleading, even more confusing, and erroneous information. They are all outsourced workers who know next to nothing about Airbnb processes and policies. Occasionally you can luck out and get someone knowledgeable, but there's little guarantee of that.

It isn't that complicated- pretend you only have one room to rent, with communal shared areas and create a listing for that. Then do the same with the other rooms.

I don't know how to link calendars, as I only have one listing, but there are instructions for that in the Help section of the main Airbnb site, and if you find it confusing, I'm sure other hosts here who have linked calendars can assist.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susanna333 I tried to list on booking.com and concluded it was too difficult and the site too confusing!!! I guess it is just a case of being comfortable with the site you know best.

No one at Airbnb will help you get set up. They seem to rely on the community centre for that.

I suggest you take one of your listings and then edit it to show a single bedroom and the shared spaces. You can then duplicate this listing But you will have to check booking settings and cancellation policies as Airbnb only duplicate the things they want.

Perhaps stick with a single listing or two until you get confident.