Critique my listing, please and thanks..

Answered!
Diane1255
Level 2
Huntsville, AL

Critique my listing, please and thanks..

I'm new on this journey and yes nervous of failure. I have had the pleasure of renting Airbnb but now Im on the other side and want to do well. Any advice on hosting, pricing, marketing would be grateful . I have been reading and researching  thru the community...just read about the Pricelabs, so going to explore and learn how it works....thanks again guys.

link to my listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/614547320308995793?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_16534234...

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Diane1255 

The short and general URL to your listing is:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/614547320308995793

The listing says: 4 guests, 1 bedroom, 1 bed

The sleeping arrangements show 1 sofabed ?

How are 4 guests going to sleep ?

It says : shared pool

Where is it ?

You offer 20% discount on first 3 bookings

Happy hosting !

I said 4 as in 2 in the bed and 2 on let out sleeper sofa.  I need to take pool out of the ad, its still closed from covid... Thanks for sharing

@Emiel1 also i thought the discount was added by airbnb, I will check it as well....thanks again

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi  @Diane1255 

Welcome to the hosting world! You've found a great resource here in the CC. These are my thoughts on your listing:

Go with 2 guests only, less chance of a party, and less wear and tear. Sofas are not good beds in my opinion.

You are allowing one night stays, two minimum will deter the partiers.

Consider rolling your cleaning fee or part of it into a higher nightly rate instead as the $211 may seem high to the guest.

Your cancellation policy allows for full refund a day before check in, is that what you want?

In amenities it says Private Entrance- no. 

Also you have checked yes to Dedicated Workspace but be careful because if there is not a seperate room just to work in guest may qualify for a refund.

A coffee table, lamps,  colourful area rug would make the living room more inviting. Good second hand pieces are better than cheap new pieces and add character as well. 

Toilet seat always down in a photo and no fuzzy toilet lid cover, it feels not quite sparkling clean even if it is washed every guest.

As a guest I also prefer an actual photo of the host, a friendly face is always a plus.

Hope a few of those ideas are helpful.

Cheers

Diane1255
Level 2
Huntsville, AL

@Patti-And-Marty0 thanks so much. I will definitely be using some of your suggestions. Much appreciated.