Critique my listing please

Debby81
Level 2
Naalehu, HI

Critique my listing please

I am new to Airbnb Hosting and recently had my reviews brought down because a guest said I wasn't clear on how far my space was from Kona, Hawaii. With only 200 characters, I thought I had done pretty well but would love some input!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/52571558?adults=2&check_in=2022-04-07&check_out=2022-04-08&federated_se...

Mahalo,

Debby

4 Replies 4
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Debby81 

It looks pretty good to me. A few comments:

- You have put 60 miles from Kona airport. Perhaps this is where the confusion arose because the guest took this to mean from the centre of Kona? Not knowing the area, it's hard for me to say.

- It would be good if you could include distances (miles and also kilometres if you get international guests) for all the locations listed.

- Where you list distance in times, make sure to specify whether that's walking, driving or via public transport.

- The 'Where you'll be section' is where you can add more detail about the location, so I would include this information there as well. There is also a sub-category there that you can use called 'getting around'.

- If you are struggling with the 200 word count in the introduction and there's something else important that you want to add there, you could summarise some of the location information as you can put more detail in the where you'll be section. Or, if you think the location info is the most important, leave it as it is.

- You might want to consider adding to your house rules (the sections where you can list additional rules). For example, even though you mention that there is an adjoining wall to your residence, one of your guests makes a comment about this in their review. What are your expectations in terms of noise? Here you could put something along the lines of 'This is a quiet, residential location. Please keep noise down after 11pm'. I would also consider adding something about no extra guests/visitors if this is important to you. Is there anything you expect your guests to do on check out? If so, you could also add that here.

Overall, I think you have a pretty clear listing, lovely reviews and I am sure you will do very well!

Thank you!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Debby81  It seems pretty clear to me. You should realize that guests often blame hosts for their failure to read the info provided or ask for clarification or adequately communicate. They'll mark hosts down on " Check-in", for instance, because they had to wait around for 10 minutes to get in, even if that was purely their own fault because they failed to respond to the host's request for ETA. 

Try not to let it get to you, nor fret too much over star ratings.

If you decide to add any wording to your description at any point, you are unnecessarily taking up space with that list of all your cleaning protocols. It's enough to just put a line saying you follow all Covid cleaning protocols. If you want to get more detailed, put all that info iin the "Health and Safety" section.

You listing looks very nice and all seems quite clear to me.

Debby81
Level 2
Naalehu, HI

Great tips, Thank you!