Vee274
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Critique my listing

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Seems extremely good for 5 guests for the price? I dont know going rate for your area but seems low. Also, do you want guests sleeping on couches? Living room listed as sofabed, 2 couches could make people think they can have another couple of guests sleeping on those. All looks professional, nothing to remark on.

@Vee274  I don't know how well-known the Jackal Creek Golf Estate is as a destination, but it might expand your listing's appeal if you described the surrounding area and the distance to the main attractions, restaurants, and shops so that first-time visitors have a sense of what your area offers (and, just as importantly, what it doesn't).  Some more detailed rules might be necessary, especially with many neighbors nearby - for example, a policy on unregistered guests/visitors (I recommend prohibiting them outright) and quiet hours. Any limitations on amenities shared with neighbors, such as the pool, should be disclosed in the listing text - even if the signage already appears in the photos.

If a sofabed is being offered as a sleeping space, it might help to include an image of it pulled out and made up as a bed, and/or a description of its dimensions in the text. One thing to consider is that the living room doesn't seem to have a lot of extra space for a 5th person to unpack, and you'll generally get better reviews and ratings from a group of 2-4 who feel like they have ample space than from a group of 5 who find the space a little too cramped.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vee274  Just because you can sleep a certain number of guests on sofa beds and couches doesn't mean it's a good idea. As soon as someone is using the living room as a bedroom, it basically ceases to be a living room and can feel uncomfortable for others in the group to walk through to get to other areas of the house. 

I would use a different cover photo- one of the inside or an outdoor seating area. That pool area isn't particularly attractive to my eye. It's stark, with no vegetation, not even any potted plants or flowers to soften the look, no lounge chairs, etc, just an expanse of hard surface, a pool, and metal fencing.

The shot taken from the dining table towards the living room might make a good cover photo. Play around with it.

I like your decor and color sense, and that's a really cool fridge.

Beds for two people need bedside tables and reading lamps on both sides of the bed, not just one side.

Couples often have different before sleep habits- one may like to stay up and read for awhile, the other just wants to sleep. One may normally need to get up in the night to use the bathroom. Some older people tend to wake up at 3 or 4am, read for awhile, then fall back asleep. And they each need a place to put their phone, book, eyeglasses, a glass of water, etc.