Critique my listing

James3326
Level 2
Portland, OR

Critique my listing

Hi,

I'm James and my wife Dee jeers new to ABNB  hosting. Our property is in Beaverton, Oregon. 
Our listing was live on September 28th and received a booking two days after.   However, we haven’t received any more booking.  We are using dynamic pricing. Please critique my listing  and let me know if anything can be improved. 
Thanks,,

James

https://airbnb.com/h/aplacearoundthecornerincentralbeaverton

F70A34E7-06F8-4F54-B5EE-85D673CCC5B2.jpeg

14 Replies 14
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@James3326 looks good to me. Only oddity is you refer to a security deposit in your rules and yet Airbnb don't take a security deposit.

Thank you for your review.  I have removed the language regarding the security deposit. 

Thank you for your review.  I have removed the language regarding the security deposit. 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@James3326  Very beautiful listing but lots of competition in Beaverton. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@James3326 

Welcome to the CC lots of good information in here,

Take a look at this short video for some good tips and fine tune your listing

https://bit.ly/3yjJ7Yc 

@Sudsrung0   

yeah, that's probably good advice for newbies. I must have watched hundreds of hours of vids when we first started, all sorts of "gurus" on YT, plus a few others on insta and tiktok. 

he's right about the photos, that's why i usually focus on that in these critiques. people look at the photos, they don't want to read through an essay of information. If you're looking at a bunch of listings, it's the photos that will attract you, not the poetic prose detailing your kitchen appliances! 

@James3326  so put your best picture first. I think either the living room to kitchen photo, or the master bedroom. also the exterior is super cute, put that in your top 5.  Can you light the fire and have that going for a photo? (or, just photoshop in some flames, that's what I do now) Coming into winter I think you want to highlight the fireplace and how cosy it could be. 

in your title I'd say something like: large home, KING bed, fireplace, gourmet kitchen. although you'll know better than us why people are coming to stay in your house. 

add captions to your photos, and if all the linens are new, mention that! "all linens purchased Sept 2022" or something, you can keep that caption there for 6 months. you need to use everything you can to show why your listing is different and better than your competitors. 

good luck!

My photographer said he would get the flames photoshop on the photos.   Thanks for the review. 
I will also add captions to the photos. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Sudsrung0 

Why do you keep linking to that property manager video - are you on commission 🙂 to get people to sign up to his channel???

@Helen3 

Sorry I just thought there was a few good tips in there, Is that what we are about here?

I didn’t know there was a video. I will check and remove it. Thanks for the review. 

Hi Helen,

Can you tell me where the video is?

Thanks,

Khoi

Never mind.  I got it now.  Your message was for Sudsrung0. 

Thanks. I will watch these videos. 

Jennifer3563
Level 1
San Mateo, CA

Change the order of your pictures. Exterior first for sure.