Feedback on listing please :-)

Answered!

Feedback on listing please :-)

Hello,

We are new to hosting and have only just had our first booking booked.

Any feedback on our listing would be appreciated.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/52336559?check_in=2022-02-22&check_out=2022-02-28&guests=1&adults=1&...

Thank you in advance, Mel

1 Best Answer
Angie601
Level 4
Victoria, Australia

Hi @Mel7093 

Your house looks really cute and welcoming. I'm sure it will be very popular being so close to the beach and pet-friendly.  We started out pet-friendly but changed soon after, we also asked guests to keep dogs off the couch and beds but they just don't and we always found at least one surprise left in the backyard! The extra cleaning just wasn't worth it for us and so we sadly said no pets.

I couldn't make out the living room set-up as some photos look like there could be 2 living areas but I think there is only one?  If so, I think you definitely need more couch space for the number of people you sleep.  

I like a floor plan in a listing but that's just me.

I also noticed a tiny typo in other things to note:

"We are pet-friendly accommodation with a kennel and fenced yard. Animals are to stay off beds and furniture. Please clean up after our pets forming your stay."

I have been hosting for only a few months so I am sure others with more experience will have great feedback for you.

Happy Hosting - Angie

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Angie601
Level 4
Victoria, Australia

Hi @Mel7093 

Your house looks really cute and welcoming. I'm sure it will be very popular being so close to the beach and pet-friendly.  We started out pet-friendly but changed soon after, we also asked guests to keep dogs off the couch and beds but they just don't and we always found at least one surprise left in the backyard! The extra cleaning just wasn't worth it for us and so we sadly said no pets.

I couldn't make out the living room set-up as some photos look like there could be 2 living areas but I think there is only one?  If so, I think you definitely need more couch space for the number of people you sleep.  

I like a floor plan in a listing but that's just me.

I also noticed a tiny typo in other things to note:

"We are pet-friendly accommodation with a kennel and fenced yard. Animals are to stay off beds and furniture. Please clean up after our pets forming your stay."

I have been hosting for only a few months so I am sure others with more experience will have great feedback for you.

Happy Hosting - Angie

Thanks Angie, have updated

Looks great - all the best 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Probably too many photos covering the same thing, @Mel7093 (eg the pool table) and lacking the ‘money shot’. Your night stand doesn’t do it for me. 

Is there a reason you’ve haven’t included the house from outside; is it dead ugly, or some other reason?

It’s a nice listing intro, but I *hate* the use of ampersands when not (IMO) appropriate 😬

Thanks, couldn't work out the money shot. Didn't want to be a beach photo, something else.

I ran out of characters for the title hence the ampersand lol but I have revised and removed the comma instead.

I hadn't included a front photo as to protect the property from being exposed as a holiday rental. It's actually a very cute little place.

IMG_7927.jpg

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It is very cute, @Mel7093, but understand your rationale. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mel7093 Looks nice but I fear 7 guests is a stretch. You seem to only have soft seating for 3 of the 7 to watch TV. Also you don't show the 3rd bedroom. Is it the sofa in front of the TV? If so I feel people may be disappointed when they realise they are using the lounge as a bedroom. If people spend a lot of time outside then I guess this is less of a problem but you would do well to be upfront or you will get complaints.

Hey Mike,

The beds are noted in the description 

Queen to the master

Double and bunks to the second bedroom 

click clack couch to the sunroom

click clack couch to the games room

Don’t know how else to say it other than how it’s noted in the description.

hope that’s clear enough.

thanks Mel

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mel7093 Clearly you are free to ignore advice. Lets see how your reviews go.

For completeness your description says:

Master bedroom with Queen size bed.
Kids bedroom with single bunks & double bed.
Sunroom with sofa bed, TV & DVD player.

Thank you 🙂

I have updated

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mel7093  Why list for 7? And a sun room and a games room are not bedrooms. As mentioned, you don't have communal areas set up to accommodate 7, and that is too many for 1 bathroom.

And a games room and sunroom cease to be communal areas if you are listing them as sleeping areas. I would cut the guest count down to 5. 

Thanks have revised

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Mel7093 dining table seats 6, I would not host more guests than what fits on the furniture so a hard cap on 6. 

I'd say better with less still.