First guests arriving in 2 days!

Answered!
Margot218
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

First guests arriving in 2 days!

Hello everyone 

I’m looking forward to reading all your suggestions and recommendations for making a rental a fantastic place to stay. 
I’d so appreciate your opinions on my rental in Potts Point, Sydney. 

kind regards 

Margot 

5 Replies 5
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Margot218 That's so exciting! Are there any particular questions or concerns that are on top of your mind, that others might be able to help with? 

@Christine615 Created a great post on how to get your listing guest-ready here, which you might find handy ahead of this first check-in: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/Getting-your-listing-guest-ready/td-p/1466688

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Margot218
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Hi @Emilie and thank you! Yes, it’s exciting! One question: when should I feel concerned if a future guest has not responded to two emails? I’ve emailed my future guest about check-in, and no response so far. Because I can’t offer self check-in yet, I asked if he knew what time he’d be arriving, and let him know he could check-in earlier if it was convenient for him and his friend. 
Because I don’t live close to my Airbnb apartment, I need to know the time in case he’s late and I decide to give the meet n greet and key handover to a local agent. 
what’s a reasonable response time? 
thank you 

hi @Margot218  and congrats on jumping in and getting started. 

I have 4 messages set up in my scheduler, and plenty of guests never respond to them. New guests don't always know how things work, so that could be the reason. Or perhaps they are not interested in too much chat with the host? 

When you say "emails" do you mean the message chat box? 

In the week before the reservation i would think 24 hours is reasonable to wait for a reply. They probably aren't going to bother responding if the booking is weeks away. We send a message to our house guests (the one listing where we meet n greet) at 12pm on the day, asking for arrival time, even if they've previously told us I find few are ever on time. 

Margot218
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Hi @Gillian166 

that’s reassuring. Thank you. 
yes, I meant message chat box and not email. I’m just a bit concerned because check-in is on Saturday 2pm Sydney time, and I’m probably a bit nervous and want to make sure everything goes smoothly. 
if I don’t hear from him before Saturday morning, is it acceptable to text his mobile number? 
kind regards 

margot 

@Margot218  yes, i think that would be fine. In my first message I urge guests to have the app installed on their phone so they get all messages and can access the check-in instructions which are only in the phone app.