First time subletting in DUBAI - Help!

First time subletting in DUBAI - Help!

Hi there, 

My family & I are finally taking the plunge into Airbnb & would like to know if the community can help with sharing their experiences doing so in Dubai, U.A.E.

Background: We plan on starting in the region by reaching out to certain properties put up for rent on propertyfinder/dubizzle & negotiate for a subletting/ subleasing contract. We are aware that most property owners will not want to take the risk without any benefits & have heard in some instances, will not want the person subletting to make more money than how much the main property owner is renting the unit out for. 

Considering the above:

1. How tough is it in the region to negotiate with property owners, to allow subletting of their rental units. For example, are there any challenges/ negative associations or reputations with requesting for this type of lease in the region?

2. Are there any specific rules in Dubai, UAE; that you have faced or had challenges with, that are not common in other regions of the world when starting with your first property?

3. Are there any companies that you have used, that can help with consulting & supporting on the leasing strategy & implementing the first property in Dubai? i.e. Frank Porter, Houst, air-dxb

Thank you & looking forward to hearing from you,

George 😊

3 Replies 3
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Gershwin1 

I noticed a couple of FB groups in the UAE maybe you should start there 

Thanks a bunch for the lead @Sudsrung0  - would you happen to know the title for any of these groups in specific?

Appreciate your support, cheers

@Gershwin1 

Just search "airbnb dubai"