Florida Bed Tax

Florida Bed Tax

I'm new to hosting, so please help me out.

My property is in Santa Rosa County, Florida.   Who collects the sales tax?   Who pays it?   What is the percentage?

Please help.

4 Replies 4
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Lynda310 ,

Welcome to the Community Center! I wonder if the lovely @Clara116 , a fellow Floridian Host, might have some insight on your question?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lynda310 

Your listings shows 7% occupancy taxes are charged

Unfortunatelly your county is not listed here (yet):

Occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-airbnb-in-florida

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stephanie @Lynda310  sure I can try to offer assistance. First, make sure you join our Pensacola Airbnb host club on FB where you will read all about all these questions with answers and discussion by hosts in your area. Since you are Santa Rosa, it's my understanding that Airbnb collects this bed tax from the guests and submits it on your behalf.  You are the county next to us so we are neighbors. Hope you'll join the group. Which I am leader/moderator. 

In Escambia co we receive the 5% bed tax on our Airbnb payout which Airbnb collects from guests (called Property tax by Airbnb) and we in Escambia county have to see up an acct and pay it to Escambia Co tax office. So some counties have an agreement with Airbnb to collect and submit bed tax for host....Santa Rosa is one of them  as I understand. Escambia co is not like that.

Off the subject but important is looking at your amazing Airbnb which is fabulous for $1500 nightly...but you say parties and it's a party house with 16 guests and sleeping for 18. Airbnb is banning and working really hard to stop all parties.  .just FYI....you want to start off on the right foot. Also, I'd suggest more pics of the interior of your place. Hope this is of help. Happy hosting, Clara

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Lynda310   With a property like yours, you need a good tax accountant, a real rental agreement for guests to sign, and a good property manager.   I am surprised that you even asked this question as it appears that you are already in business.