Guest Compliment No Longer Appearing

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

Guest Compliment No Longer Appearing

Hi All

I just noticed that in 2020 Guest Compliments showed on reviews (see picture).  Now in 2021, it no longer shows, just stars show (see picture).  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Or is this just another way for Airbnb to annoy their suppliers (i.e. Hosts)???

Compliments.jpgNo Compliments.jpg

6 Replies 6
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@M199 In the current review process, guests are no longer asked the compliment question. So, no more compliments. 

@M199 @Emilia42 I’m fine with it being gone. I think the review process is far too lengthy and onerous for guests as it is. Also, I’d get used to receiving compliments, but when the odd guest would skip them, it left me feeling slightly deflated, lol. At least this way, it’s even across all guests.

Here are some compliments for you @M199 👏👍💐😍

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I’d wondered why they suddenly stopped appearing - mystery solved.  I quite liked them. 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Amanda660 @Colleen253 @Emilia42 

Thank you all for your thoughts and compliments.  I understand now, but always looked forward to getting them.  Oh well, big business rules🥺.  So much for making hosting a personalized experience.

Thanks all, stay safe!

Marie6187
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

I have been unsuccessfully trying to find out if compliments are no longer able to be given by guests for the last couple of months. Why would Airbnb not inform hosts of this change? Their resource centre still has an article about this as a "new" feature form 2018, but nothing about it being removed. Disappointing that Airbnb don't communicate these changes with hosts.

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

Get used to Airbnb constantly removing cool features, hosting tools, options,.... They are experts on that. Unfortunately they will too many times replace them with worst ones or with none at all. We started hosting over 7 years ago and had incredible tools available. Well, today is just a nostalgic memory of some great ere no longer existing 😞