Guest without reviews - long stay

Heidi700
Level 1
Florida, United States

Guest without reviews - long stay

Hi all,

I am new hosting for airbnb. I got a request for a 1 month stay at my airbnb. ID is verified but profile is from 2016 and I see no reviews for them. They said it will be 2 quiet/respectful guests who want to discover PR.. 

Should I be concerned? what other things do you guys recommend for me to ask?

Thanks, Heidi

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Heidi700 

"They said it will be 2 quiet/respectful guests "

Who are "they" ? If it is a 3rd party booking, then better not accept.

Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

Hello Heidi

You say you are new to hosting. I know it would be tempting to take a long term booking at this stage but as you are a new host I think it would be a better idea at this stage to take on a number of shorter bookings to give you some experience hosting. Doing shorter stays will give you experience of doing changeovers, meeting and greeting and will iron out any little issues you have with your place of your listing. Set your maximum stay to 7 days just for now and get some reviews under your belt.

I would also be very suspicious of the request you had.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Heidi700 

If this is still open, be extremely cautious.  By accepting you may be setting yourself up for squatters or tenancy issues.  Do research these topics on this board.

No reviews in 5+ years.  Red flags all over, walk away.  No reviews will likely mean that hosts had a bad experience but did not review.