Guests making reservations through a friends account

Julia3080
Level 2
Post Falls, ID

Guests making reservations through a friends account

Hello, I have a guest that is requesting to stay 8/18 -8/21. He originally requested the reservation through his friends account. I advised him to make his own account so we are both covered. So I declined the original request and then he tried using his phone to make the reservation but it says that the dates are blocked off now. On my end they say they are still available. Is this a common issue? Do we just need to give it a few to update?
4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julia3080 

As this is a failure of the guest, next time do not decline, but ask them to retract the booking request.

You can easily check yourself for sure of dates are OK to book by simulating a booking on your own listing.

I did this now and although dates seem to be available, they can not be booked

There seem to be a issue with the dates.

So as alternative you can sent the guest the booking by special offer.

Julia3080
Level 2
Post Falls, ID

@Emiel1 Thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to send him a message through the original message thread (from his friends account) and then have him send me a message through his account and then I'll send him a request to book by special offer. 

But next time I'll have them retract the booking request.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Julia3080 

This may be a bit late, but for what it's worth, my intuition is  that this guest may be an  issue. Just because he is trying to use his friends account.  Therefore...

1 - Why did he try to use friends account,

2 - 3rd party bookings are not allowed.

3 - What is he hiding by not using his own account?

Good luck!

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@M199 @Julia3080 

I would be very suspicious.

This is a last-minute booking without any verification of ID.

Maybe he’s planning a quiet get-together with about 40 friends. . .