Hosting and changing info I posted on my airbnb

Karen2883
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hosting and changing info I posted on my airbnb

I am a new host to airbnb.  I want to update information re how many rooms and beds are available.  I need to change.

Also I wanted to select dates and input specific price for specific dates and I am not sure where to go.

Had a flood of request to book and I then realize information is not correct.

Also, how do you check potential guest before you confirm their booking.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Karen2883  The first thing you should do, if you haven't already, is snooze your listing so no one sends any more requests until you have your listing in order.

Not sure how you managed to get the bed/bedroom part so screwed up, but you can fix that. Also, your listing is really incomplete. You have no listing description, you haven't described the space at all- I would have no idea what I was booking. Take a look at other listings to see how to write a description.

You should also make it clear in the desciption that you are an on-site host, that you live in another house on the property. You have mentioned it lower down, but that's not enough.

I don't understand your listing title. What does geocache have to do with your rental?

Your photos could also use some work. Many are quite dark. Try to take a couple shots of each bedroom from different angles, so guests can really get a good idea of the space.

As far as vetting guests, look at their reviews, if they have any. If they haven't sent a message that is informative, ask them some questions, make sure they have read your ad thoroughly, make sure they have entered the correct number of guests on the booking. The way someone communicates can give you a good sense of them.

You need to use rule sets to set different prices for different days- I have never done that, so can't advise you on that.