Hosting for a Monthly

Pam1564
Level 1
Columbia, KY

Hosting for a Monthly

Hi there I am very new to hosting starting March of this year. I am so happy with my success and just love the Airbnb web site so user friendly. I would like some advice on Hosting Monthly. I have a guest arriving tomorrow and is staying for 5 weeks. I have a cabin located on my farm it has a full kitchen and laundry room I supply farm fresh eggs, assorted breads and juice to my guests. My question is what do y’all do regarding supplies such as toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, laundry detergent, shampoo, coffee and all the other staples I provide in the cabin? I am thinking I will tell my guests when they run out to just let me know since I live on the property in the main house. Would love to have feedback on what you do regarding monthly guests. Thanks

7 Replies 7
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Pam1564   When I used to rent long term, I provided starter supplies like two rolls of paper towels and 3 toilet rolls per bathroom, hand soap and lots of trash bags.  The guest was informed that additional supplies were their responsibility.  As I did not want strange chemicals used in my appliances, I provided regular household sized dish soap, dishwasher detergent, unscented laundry detergent and softener.  As far as food consumables like coffee, I just offered the first day supply and a listing of local grocery and specialty stores.  Trash was collected weekly.  

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Pam1564 

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Since you are living in the main house, your thoughts is an excellent way to work out.

The host could also provide basics like soap, shampoo, toilet paper, and garbage bags but leave guests to supply their detergent, kitchen paper towels, coffee, and the others after the starter pack is running out.

The host needs to be clearly described in the listing and messaging with the guests for the supplier of amenities of the monthly stay.Otherwise, the host may get a negative review.

Good luck!

Ways to go and Happy Hosting!😀  

Jennifer715
Level 3
Lafayette, CA

If it were me, I would provide all of the items that you normally do but mention in writing (like a welcome note) to them something like, "these are to get you started but if you need any additional paper goods, dish and laundry soap and shampoo, please reach out to me and I will make sure you get what you need.  All food items beyond what I have provided are on your own."  They will understand.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Pam1564  The time to decide what you are willing to provide for long term stays is before you accept them, not after. If your listing indicates that you supply all these things when the guest booked, changing that afterwards isn't okay.

Many hosts only provide a starter pack, say a few days or a week's worth, on long term bookings, which is perfectly reasonable, but you need to make this clear in your listing description.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I rent short-term, monthly, and long-term apartments. Only short-term (a couple of days) are on Airbnb and the rest is not.

For monthly rent, I supply the cleaning products for the bathroom ( to encourage cleaning 🙂 , 1 roll of toilet paper, 1 hand soap, and 1 dishwasher soap. And that's it, they have to buy the rest.

But my short-term guests get everything they need for their stay, cooking basics, toilet paper, shampoo etc..but they also pay the double rate

Hi @Pam1564 

Airbnb Extended Stay Feature: Why Are Long-Term Rentals Popular?

Pros and Cons of Long-Term Rentals for Hosts

https://www.smartbnb.io/airbnb-long-term-rentals/

✌️

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Pam1564,

We have one apartment that rents only long-term stays.  We provide four rolls of toilet paper, one roll of paper towels, four trash liners, and enough cleaning and laundry supplies that should last for a month.  We also provide tea, Keurig and Nespresso coffee pods, and seasonings.  If a guest extends their stay, we have refreshed many of the items, but most of our guests don't seem to cook for themselves,  and we haven't had to replenish the consumable items very much.