Hosting in Weymouth, UK

Answered!

Hosting in Weymouth, UK

£38 per night per person. Does my Airbnb description cover that? (not £38 per rfoom!)

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Virginia600 I have every sympathy with you as when I looked for another booking platform I got massively confused as to how it worked and finally gave up and stuck with Airbnb.

IF you continue then you will get used to the platform. IF you do decide to leave then you could just stop doing anything on the platform and, as your listing isn't published, nothing will happen except for Airbnb emailing you to encourage you to list.

Also if you do continue then Airbnb don't provide any in-person help other than this Community Centre. When @Emiel1 talked about getting into trouble he meant you will make a mistake and perhaps take a booking at too low a price or take a booking when you are not available.

Hope this helps

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Virginia600 You don't have a live listing so I am afraid no one here can tell you what the £38 covers.

I'm not at all savvy with technology, and, tbh, cannot find any airbnb organiser to assist me! 

@Virginia600 If you can post on this forum, then you're doing well enough in the technology department to fiddle with your listing. Just go in and start poking around. You'll soon learn the layout in editing mode. But until you actually publish your listing, none of us here can help you with any of the finer points of how you've set it up, as we can't see it. If you want, you can publish it and 'snooze' your calendar for a week or two until you get a few things sorted. That way you avoid getting any bookings until you're ready.

Also, do spend some time in the Airbnb help pages reading various how-to articles and learning how things work.

Thank you, Colleen

@Virginia600  Not sure what you mean by an "Airbnb organizer". 

You will need to familiarize yourself with the website and your hosting pages. If you can't do that, you won't be able to run a rental through Airbnb or any online platform.

But I was intimidated by it myself in the beginning and I figured it out, so I'm sure you can, too.

I hope I can. But it's all as clear as mud. There is no easy way to platform any query to the 'company'.  I'm going to have to remove my application. I am not an adolescent. This is far too complicated

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Virginia600 

You need to set the price per guest then, as explained here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1507/how-do-i-add-a-fee-for-additional-guests-to-my-listing

If you are not familiar enough with the platform, educate yourself first by reading the HELP information before publishing a listing. Otherwise sooner or later you will be in trouble !

In trouble? How? All I want to do now is exit what appears to be a complex minefield. I'm a senior, not gaga or stupid, techno abysmal, so wanting out. Nice idea as it seemed, as I live in a great location, etc.......

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Virginia600 I have every sympathy with you as when I looked for another booking platform I got massively confused as to how it worked and finally gave up and stuck with Airbnb.

IF you continue then you will get used to the platform. IF you do decide to leave then you could just stop doing anything on the platform and, as your listing isn't published, nothing will happen except for Airbnb emailing you to encourage you to list.

Also if you do continue then Airbnb don't provide any in-person help other than this Community Centre. When @Emiel1 talked about getting into trouble he meant you will make a mistake and perhaps take a booking at too low a price or take a booking when you are not available.

Hope this helps

Sincere thanks for the information and advice you have shared. I've been flummoxed by needing to supply photo's of the 2 bedrooms and the bathroom that's for solo use of guests. My phone camera is seemingly unable to transfer ANY photo images, not even on to FB.  Hence my mentioning in an earlier message that I would need to ask my daughter to take photo's of said bedrooms and bathroom and transfer them to my Airbnb page. Not sure if I'm registered or not! Airbnb sent me an email telling me that a solo lady was interested in staying, but whether that constituted being a member or not, I have no idea. The accommodation cost that I'd stated was to include a Continental breakfast, or a full English if required for a small extra price. Also happy to provide a proper, home made supper, again at an extra cost, should that be required. I feel that I have done all that I can, apart from putting photo's on my Airbnb page. It's unlikely that I'm the only person who has found the lack of help and support off putting! Thank you again, Mike and Jane, for your helpful advice and information 

@Virginia600 If you go to the Airbnb Help pages, you’ll find loads of how to and help articles that will assist you in learning, as a new host. I recommend you start there and become well versed before going live with your listing. 

@Virginia600  I think you need to read everything provided for hosts on the Airbnb Help section, and ask any specific questions you have here before trying to put up a listing.

You have no listing at all on your profile, so it would be impossible for a "solo lady to be interested in booking it", and Airbnb doesn't tell you someone is interested in booking- you get a request or inquiry from a guest. 

Being a "member"  means you have an Airbnb account. Which you do, otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here. Having a place for rent has nothing to do with being a member. Guests are members, too.

Did you by any chance create 2 Airbnb profiles? One to post here on the forum and another to put your listing under? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Virginia600 If you do have two profile as @Sarah977 suggested (by the way I did the same on booking.com!) then you do need to go into the one with your listing then listing details and then adjust the listing status to snoozed while you decide what to do.