Hosting in my apartment and complex security cameras

Danny304
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Hosting in my apartment and complex security cameras

Hello all,

I am unsure how to fill out this section of my profile:

For both safety and insurance reasons, my apartment complex keeps video cameras active in some locations, ie around the pool, etc. Nothing is inside my home, of course, and there are signs outside about this, although the signs make it clear that their exact location is something of a secret. Question: how do I fill out the video recording section of my profile? Can I just say "nope!", or do I have to put something in there about this?

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Danny304 If the cameras are in any area where a guest can be recorded, you are required to list the presence of them both in your listing description, and house rules. If a guest makes a complaint about security cameras, Airbnb will suspend your listing. Having them fully disclosed can help prevent this from happening. You can clarify that they are in the complex common areas if you want.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Danny304   I would make sure that your description states that "the apartment complex management has installed security cameras for the safety of [name of apartment complex] residents while in common areas."  You can then state that no cameras are within the confines of your apartment, or that only a ring doorbell is installed.  That should suffice.  

Danny304
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Thank you both for the advice. I’m going to update my listing with this info.

Clarice40
Level 1
Pittsburg, CA

Hi my name is Clarice and I’m a new air bnb host I just recently listed my duplex its actually a 2 story both units have separate entrance. I had an incident just a week ago that my guests on the upstair unit reached out to me that there was a car burglary on his new BMW X5 and he was asking for the video surveillance recorded at 5am. He said he reported already to the police. Unfortunately the video did not captured the actual burglary since the camera was very far from the street. What can we do to avoid this from happening. What can I do to my guests feel safe. Do I need to pay the damaged windows? It was such a hassle and feel so bad that this happened to my guests.