How I get credited for the VAT (IVA in Mexico) tax that Airbnb is collecting from my renters and the income tax (ISR) that Airbnb is withholding from my income?

How I get credited for the VAT (IVA in Mexico) tax that Airbnb is collecting from my renters and the income tax (ISR) that Airbnb is withholding from my income?

Hello I am a new Host to Airbnb with my home in Los Cabos, Mexico.

I make my living from rental properties in Mexico, where I pay my taxes on a monthly basis.  On my first three "Payouts" I see that Airbnb has collected the VAT from my renter and then Airbnb also withholds some income tax from the "Payout" also.

Airbnb supplies a "Payout ID" a 27 character (both letters and numbers) for each "payout".  I assume that is the identifying ID for the collection of the VAT and the withholding of income tax on each "payout".

Does anybody know where I utilize that "Payout ID" to get credited for those taxes.  

I have been trying to get that answer from Airbnb for a few weeks now but never seem to get the answer.  They respond but not by answering my very specific question.

Have any of you suffered the same problem?

Has anyone out there figured out how to utilize that 27 character "Payout ID"?   Where and how?

Have any of you suffered from Airbnb not being able to respond to very specific questions put to them, with a specific answer?

Does anyone know a better way to get answers from Airbnb?  Like maybe speaking with an actual human?

Thank you for any assistance you could give me.

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Steven1132   The Payout ID that you referenced is the identifier for the transaction between AirBnB and your BANK where you get paid, not the tax institution.  You need to contact the Mexican tax authority for information on how to file your taxes when AirBnB has collected and paid them for you.