How to add a custom room in room and spaces listing?

Ivan1901
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

How to add a custom room in room and spaces listing?

Hi all,

I am a new host and I think I pretty much have everything. I do have one question about assigning a sofa bed to a room not listed in the Rooms and Spaces section. In my house, I have a loft that has a sofa bed. The loft is not a choice in the selection of rooms therefore I cannot add a bed. I want to make sure my guests can see an extra bed listed in the loft in the Sleeping Arrangements section of my listing. 

I feel like I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Ivan

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ivan1901   You have a lovely place.  However, are you sure that you want to advertise for so many guests when your dining table does not appear to seat more than 6 and beds for guests 7, 8, 9 and 10 are sofa beds in the common areas?  Personally, I would drop your guest count to 8 and have a note that the loft bed is an available option once the guest has booked.

It is an oversight by the AirBnB programmers to not include an optional room space like a loft or a den with a sofa bed.  We have properties with lofts and have had to resort to adding them as "bedrooms" but make sure that our guests understand that certain bedrooms are not enclosed or are loft areas.