How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Stephanie_0-1628688524539.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the New to hosting board and I hope you’ve been finding lots of useful information, insights and advice from our community. One of the amazing things about this space is that those starting out on their Hosting journey can get a keen eye on their listing to work out those little niggles and considerations they may not have thought of just yet. We’re more than happy for you to share your listing for this purpose - here’s a guide on how you can do it in a way that makes it easier for your community to find and offer critique:

• Name your topic “Critique my listing - (your name and where you’re from)” for example “Critique my listing - Stephanie in London, UK”.
  • Include your favourite listing picture in the post. This makes the topic stand out more, gives viewers a sense of the type of listing you offer and means your Community Management team can more easily highlight it to the rest of the community.
  • Share something about what your trouble might be at this point in your journey. This might be a lack of bookings, missing house rules, or even your custom URL.
  • Finally, post a link to your listing and add the tag on the thread “listing critique” and anything else you think is suitable, like the example below:

Stephanie_1-1628688520380.png

You can always ask any of your Community Management team myself, Quincy, Nick and Liv if you need help. And you can share a link to your Critique my listing topic in the comments section below too!

What’s your biggest worry with your listing at this point in your journey that you want help with?

Thanks,

Stephanie

24 Replies

Re: How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

in
Winterthur, Switzerland
Level 2

Hello @Stephanie, I've tried to add a new post like this but I am receiveing the following error: Exception ID: 37FF74E2. What should I do?

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hiya @Paloma-Ana0 

Oh no! Is that when you hit to post or when you upload an image? 

Thanks

in
Winterthur, Switzerland
Level 2

It happened when I was trying to post my message, respectively creating a conversation.

in
Augusta, ME
Level 1

I had the same problem trying to post a critique request. Airbnb, whasup?

in
Pensacola, FL
Level 10

@Paloma-Ana0 

I accessed your listing through your profile which I did by clicking on your name and it asked to see Airbnb Profile and there you can see a hosts listing, profile and all. If I can suggest : you are off to a great start with your reviews and your place looks so very clean and practical. I was confused about offering to 4 guests - since everything will be shared - are you trying to rent the living room to 1 - 2 guests Plus also offer the priv. bedroom King bed to 2 guests as well? Since you are sharing with folks I would keep it to only 2 guests - Max. because 4 guests plus yourself is much I would say. 

Or do I understand it wrong?  Make sure when you respond to Tag using  @ and my name Clara116 so that I will get notification if you decide to respond to my questions. Usually there will be a dropdown with names to assist. 

One other thing - I would add 2 more pillows standing up on the King sized bed and it will make the bed look more inviting and also a bedside table and a lamp - I love minimal but this is a little too sparse for many people. 

Make your listing clear by what you mean with what you offer - Do you live there, will you be there? 

My other thought and hope I am wrong -- Are you trying to rent to 2 different groups of guests at the same time?? If I am confused, others might just be as well. Hope you have amazing success, happy hosting. 

Blessings, Clara

in
Windsor, Canada
Level 2

I am new to Hosting and I'd like some feedback on my listing please, here is the link to my post.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/Critique-my-listing-Moises-in-Windsor-Ontario-Can...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Moises80  Your place looks cute and comfy and the reviews you've gotten make it clear your guests have been pleased.

You should use the description field to describe the accommodation itself, which looks like basically a one room studio. 

You say you are "usually on site". It is  not clear what this means. If you live in a house on the property, say that. 

Level 2

Please critique my listings. Natalia, TCI

http://www.airbnb.ca/p/casa-isabel-tci

Hi guys, i am new to hosting and would appreciate some feedback on my listings.

My boyfriend has being a host in the past but hasn't done it in a long time but we decided to use his old account. Is this a good idea or is it better to start from scratch?. 

The specific issue i am having right now  is lack of bookings, we completely renovated the properties and unfortunately we finished just in time for low season, regardless i would like to know if there are some tips on how to advertise my listings and get some bookings even on low season.

thanks for the help and keep up the good work on this community.

Best.

Nat.

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Natalia1050  Your photos  look nice, your listing description is incomplete. You need to describe the accomodation itself, not just its location. 

You might want to add a house rule of no extra guests or visitors, which can be an issue for off-site hosts.

I would suggest you do not use your boyfriend's profile as it seems to have a 4* rating attached to it. Start fresh so you can hopefully build up 5* ratings.

Level 2

Thank you so much Sarah, the no extra guests rule makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot for all your comments, really appreciate it. @Sarah977 

in
Decorah, IA
Level 2

Critique my listing please 

We are new to Airbnb and would love your feedback on our listing.

https://www.airbnb.com/h/beautifulnorthwoodscabin

9531A8EB-E080-42D6-9817-04BD478CC418.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Kim & Greg

in
Savegre de Aguirre, Costa Rica
Level 2

Hello, I am new to hosting and would love assistance or advice. We live in a popular surf beach town in costa rica with 4 cabinas. Everyone doing airbnb here says they have been consistently booked since they've opened their doors but i have not had that experience. I just updated my listing name in hopes that may be the issue. I thought it might be because we had no or very few reviews. We've had guest tell us that they've stayed in way more expensive places and ours is way nicer. We've had good reviews from everyone staying, but i am not sure what i am doing wrong and why we aren't booked all the time. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time. 

Stephanie 

https://www.airbnb.com/h/lajunta-dominical-cabinas

https://www.airbnb.com/h/lajunta-dominical-cabinas2

https://www.airbnb.com/h/lajunta-dominical-cabinas3

https://www.airbnb.com/h/lajunta-dominical-cabinas4

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Stephanie-And-Chris1  I couldn't really say why you aren't getting bookings, if similar offerings in your area are getting booked up.

One thing I will say is that although I'm a fan of color and have plenty of colorful things in my listing, color needs to used in moderation and in balance with other things. I would never be able to stay in rooms painted those colors, it's overwhelming and oppressive. A feature wall painted a bright color with other walls painted neutral colors looks nice, or walls painted in calm colors- soft pale green, soft buttery yellow, etc.

Painting the outsides of the buildings bright colors is fine, but intense wall colors inside is too much.

And the rooms also look stark. Some art on the walls, some throw rugs on the floor, billowy white curtains, would soften the spaces and make them look cozy.

Beds need reading lamps on bedside tables. 

I don't know if this has anything to do with lack of bookings, but it's why I personally wouldn't be attracted to stay there.

And I wouldn't be interested in sharing a community kitchen during a pandemic.

in
New York, NY
Level 2

Critique my listing please! Room rental in Brooklyn NYIMG-3635.jpg

I am new to Hosting and I'd like some feedback on my listing please, here is the link to my post.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/52618390?adults=1&check_in=2021-12-03&check_out=2021-12-06&translate_ug...