I'm split between the Schlage Encode and Eufy Smart Lock (Touch & Wi-Fi) for my new airbnb. Which one do you recommend ?

Suraj26
Level 2
Austin, TX

I'm split between the Schlage Encode and Eufy Smart Lock (Touch & Wi-Fi) for my new airbnb. Which one do you recommend ?

I'm leaning towards Eufy because the app is great and the cutomer support is superb. But I'm not sure if it integrated with services like Remote Lock or iGMS to make access code generation and distribution easier. Plus my security cameras are Eufy.

On the other hand, Schlage Encode seems to be what most airbnb hosts recommend, especially since it's been around for a while. Eufy lock launched fairly recently.

8 Replies 8
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Suraj26, I can't comment on the Eufy lock because I know nothing about it, but I do have a Schlage Encode and can't fault it. It links to your home wifi, so there is no need for another integration tool. It was easy to install and set up the app and guest codes, which can be operated remotely. I highly recommend it.

Thank you @Kath9 .
With the Schlage Encode, are you able to auto-generate guest codes and send it autonomously OR do you still need to generate the codes manually before sending it out ?

@Suraj26 Were you able to figure out if your could send the codes to guests autonomously?

Suraj26
Level 2
Austin, TX

T

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Suraj26, I'm not sure what you mean by 'auto-generate codes'. I set up a code for each guest using the app on my phone (usually the last 4 digits of their phone number) and schedule it to activate just before check in and deactivate just after check out. When you set up a code, there is a link to send it to the guest before they arrive. Otherwise, as I am a home share host, I just tell them when they arrive.

As in does the app create and send out codes(to expire after checkout) without any human intervention.
But looks like that's not the case.
Thanks for explaining.

Spirit9
Level 2
New York, NY

I had the same question.  I was all excited about my eufy until I learned it doesn’t work with RemoteLock to automatically create a new code with Airbnb. 

I am trying to find the best lock as well. I have heard that the schlage will autonomously send codes ( last four of #) when integrated with the guesty software. I am torn because I don't use guests because $100/ month is pricey. Also 400 for the schlage has me off.