Inaccurate bad review about a bed bug

Jacqueline228
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Inaccurate bad review about a bed bug

Hi all, today I was given the worst review that any host can ever get and that was the bed bug review. Long story short my guest stayed one day and checked out last Friday. I happened to stay at my airbnb right after this guest and I always look for bugs of any kind. I stayed at the house the entire weekend along with my family and no bugs nor bites. Mind you the guest never contacted me and just wrote her review today (4 days after her stay). In the public review she said she seen bed bugs (plural), in the private review she said she seen a bug on her sons pants. However, I was never contacted about he situation. Today I was able to get an exterminator on site and he examined the entire house and found not bed bugs, no eggs, droppings or evidence of any kind. He did see a few spiders but said no such findings of bed bugs. He examined every nook and cranny per my direction and said the house showed no evidence. I then contacted airbnb and they said they would not remove the review. I, stupidly, responded to the bad review right away and noted I would take care of everything right away. I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to follow up a second time. Airbnb told me that they were not going to determine if a guests review was true or not. I even offered to provide the written professional invoice from the exterminator but they said it was not up to them to mediate between a host and guest and determine who is telling the truth. Any advice?

15 Replies 15
Yvonne735
Level 4
Kinlochleven, United Kingdom

Hi, Sorry this has happened. I would copy and paste the exterminators conclusion to you on the public reply to her review, so folks can see it for themselves.