Incorrect pricing showing on listing

Liz4267
Level 2
Appledore, United Kingdom

Incorrect pricing showing on listing

Can anyone help me as a new host on airbnb - I have specified a rate per night which all seems to show fine but when you go to book the calendar shows a new lower rate circa 20% less - I am very confused - thanks

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Liz4267 

Did you activate the introduction discount (which is useally 20% for the first 3 guests making a booking) ?

I wanted to check your listing, but it is not yet fully active (can take up to 24 hours).

Wait until this URL gives a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=143951895&map_toggle=true

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emiel1  I don't think it's something that new hosts activate- it's just on by default and a host has to turn it off.

It wasn't like that when I first put up my listing back in 2016, but it seems to be now, judging from all the new hosts who have said they were surprised by this.

Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

@Liz4267 @Sarah977 @Emiel1 

The listing is now active and yes, shows the 20% discount. Here is a screenshot below. I used this when I started and it definitely attracted listings. For me, the discount was cut off after the first 3 bookings. I did have someone get 20% off a month stay (on top of a discount I was giving for a month stay), so that was not great... for me 🙂

Jennifer1773_0-1618611193726.png

@Liz4267 @Sarah977 @Emiel1 Here is another screenshot with a bit more info... 

Jennifer1773_0-1618611796304.png

Liz4267
Level 2
Appledore, United Kingdom

Thank you that makes sense 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi@Liz4267 ,

Airbnb does encourage new host or new listing, to boost the listing by offering the 20 % deduction for the first three guest.

You may didn't noticed it when you filled up and didn't turn off the approve the ‘agree offer 20%’ button.

Nevertheless, do increase your price up to 20%, it may take 48 hours to activate.

Remember to click the ‘save’ box at the bottom of pricing setting page.

Happy Hosting! 

Tracey405
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Same thing happened to me as a new host.  The first three guests received 20% discount which I thought was a fair trade to get my first few reviews.  That said, the first guests also got the monthly discount!

I wish I'd been more astute and adjusted the rates to compensate, but I didn't realise that BOTH discounts would apply.  Lesson learned 🙂