Length of stay

Length of stay

Hello,

My wife and I are new to Airbnb and I have a question. Does allowing a guest to stay a maximum of 90 nights too much? Should adjust our pricing in the summer?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't take such long stays, some hosts do @C121 

Would staying three months give them tenancy rights in your country.

Staying a month gives them tenancy rights in my country. I've had a guest stay 2 months already but it seemed like a long time.

@C121   Be aware that Airbnb only collects the first month upfront. If they're unable to collect any further payment, the booking is no longer an Airbnb booking. But if the guest still refuses to leave, and they've also acquired tenancy rights, you are completely screwed and there's nothing Airbnb can do to support you.

They also don't do deposits or credit checks or any normal things that you need for long-term rentals. All in all, taking bookings of 28 days or more is extremely risky on Airbnb, especially when you have a new listing that's a prime target for scammers and squatters. If you're not prepared to lose huge amounts of time and money to eviction proceedings, don't do it.

Very valid point Andrew thanks for your comment. Am thinking of switching to short term

My wife and I have decided to switch to short-term rental. Especially now we are hearing that travels have slowed down since people are trying to save money.

Thanks for all the input and support.