Max guests INCLUDING babies!!

Stephanie-and-David3
Level 1
Kawartha Lakes, Canada

Max guests INCLUDING babies!!

Ok...new to hosting!!...so I have 6 guest max and I get a reservation for 6 guest max...but then in my reservation list, I see that its actually for 7 people....including an infant...don't infants count as people??? Is there any way to avoid having potential bookings understand that infants are people too??!!.. We are on a well system, and we can't have three couples with "infants" stay...it would be too hard on our water/resources....help!  Will be updating my listing with strong wording about the 6 people max!  Any other help you could provide would be appreciated!

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stephanie-and-David3 

The booking form says: "Infants don’t count toward the number of guests."

Max. 5 infants can be booked !

You can set the option in the listing:

"not suitable for children and infants"

(But does only prevent the booking of children 2-12 jr)

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Stephanie-and-David3 

The Infant under two years old stays for free.

Children under 2 - Don't count in maximum headcount as in Airbnb.

The ‘‘Fake infant’ case did happen.

The guest can tell the host their three years old is under two,  and when they arrive, the host is in an uncomfortable situation.

That many determinate hosts do not accept child and infant in the house rules.

I saw a few listings announced that ALL guests must be charge in their House Rules. Then it doesn’t matter what age their child and infant are.

Yet, there is against the Airbnb housing standard.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Stephanie-and-David3    I state in my listing and rules that my rental can accommodate 4 human beings, including infants.  I don’t care that the OTAs think children don’t count.  I count them.  The IRS and STR licensing agencies counts them.  4 human beings, period.   

@Stephanie-and-David3 same as @Lorna170 -- our first house rule is:

•Guest count: Airbnb does not count infants as guests, but we must. Please do not attempt to book this property for more than 11 people, total, as our septic and water system cannot accommodate more.

Our post-booking message instructs people to review the house rules and cancellation policy and let us know if anything presents a problem so we can help with a penalty-free cancellation.