Missing item

Erika741
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Missing item

Hi, all. I am new to here. I have been hosting for 2 months and got 3 bookings so far. Today customer checked out my unit. They left my unit extremely clean even vacuum themselves. But they took saucepan with them(I can't find anywhere). I tried to contact to them but they not answer me. However they gave me really positive feedback and now I am bit confused. I don't know what should I do now. I already gave them negative feedback which I really didn't want to. They was so nice while staying with us. (I am living upstairs of acommodetion)

Does anyone have same experience that guest was so nice and friendly and give really nice feedback to you but they steal something from your guest room?! 

17 Replies 17
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Erika741 , @Sarah977 

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the unopened hair dye.  Copper Red!  No, not my color, but I did message a "Thank you " to my guests.😊

Arie7134
Level 2
Redmond, WA

For us problem #1 are couples who are on  multi-stop trips and have a lot of their own things.  Our running theory is that one partner packs and the other helps cleans up and mistakes whose things are whose.  We lost an entire set of forks and some small hand towels that didn't match the rest of our towels.  We might resort to labeling or buying things with unique patterns/colors.

Problem #2 are children and teens.  We've lost remote controls, game pieces, had pea gravel end up in the hot tub, water hoses left dripping, and  RV septic system clogs.  We bat over 900 on adult only stays, but about 500 on stays with kids.  

You can request money in "Report a Problem" and there is a setting in Bookings to assess a "damage fee". These little things can add up. Cheers