My listing does not appear in a search

Rachel1779
Level 2
Siena, Italy

My listing does not appear in a search

I am having difficulty finding my listing using the search parameters that are relevant for my area.

My house is in the province of Siena, Italy.   The area of Siena is the likely search area of most people travelling there.  however my listing only appear when I search for the specific village of my house.  It does not seem to appear on a more generic search of Siena. I applied all the filters relevant to my house and got 63 options in my area, but my house wasn't among them. How does one make sure that the property appears under the search that is relevant to the area rather than the specific address?

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Rachel1779 - beautiful cottage!  Your question is a good one, and many hosts have had this problem.  One issue is that Airbnb might have a different idea of the search area for your place than you have - take a look at this post https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-s-Your-Region/td-p/1421751

Your place might just need a little time to start showing up in searches.  One tip:  change one word of your listing every day.  That will show that it is "recently updated" and will be pushed higher in search.

Otherwise, you can't change the address or control the region, so just do things with the title or the description that could help it be more discoverable.  

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ann72 Thank you Ann, both for you kind words and for your help. I'll take a look at the links you sent and, fingers crossed, I hope I can resolve the problem. Goodness knows that in these strange times we need all the help we can get to clinch a couple of bookings! 😄

Best wishes, R.

@Rachel1779  Definitely!  If US citizens were allowed to travel to Italy I'd book your cottage today - since we can't, I've saved it to my wishlist 😊

Oh my gosh! I've just had a look at your properties!! (I'm a bit slow... Airbnb novice !) Truely amazing! If we ever do get to travel again we could do a swap! 😄 😄 😄