Need help with hosting mid week stays and setting up mid week deals to get travellers to stay.

Jo709
Level 1
Echuca, Australia

Need help with hosting mid week stays and setting up mid week deals to get travellers to stay.

I have just started air bnb in my little cottage. It seems to rent out weekend but not mid week though we are a good tourist area.  If it is only going to rent out weekends it wont be worth doing with cleaning washing and  time taken texting and sorting with guests.  It would be easier to rent out full time for the same money with out the work of cleaning. Would love suggestions to get people in mid week to make it worth while and to meet travellers. I would like to set up my pricing for 3 night stays mid week specials but i can only seem to put one price up for all nights.   Any help or suggestions would be awesome and much appreciated. kindest regards,  Jo from little cottages Echuca.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jo709 You can set a different price for every night of the week in your calendar. If you are in a tourist area you should consider a 7 night minimum stay during the holiday season with a fixed change over day. We went to this on our second Summer and it was great giving us 100% occupancy and fewer cleaning days! You will need pro tools which anyone can download. Just shout if you need more help.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Jo709 ,

You can consider to list two announcements in the same times in Airbnb, do carefully motivation in the listing tool before publishing both listings .

The first listing,

1. Suits on the instant booking to allow more guest to see your add, better chance to get weekdays booking.
  2. Motivate in the listing calendar, do not allowed the guest to check in on weekend. Yet, the guest are allow book the entire weekend. That mean instant booking guest need to start to stay from the weekdays to weekends or the instantly booking guest is obligated to book start from the week day in titled to stay on the weekend. Therefore, you may get a extra bonus night if the guest do not check in on the first night and no guest in the cottage, the guest may come to check in on the next day, exactly on the weekend days.
  3. Increase the price of 20 %-30 % because of instantly booking, as “ everyone” can make the booking and great communication with the guest are much appreciate in the instantly booking.
  4. Minimum of 4 nights stay.

The second listing,

1. Turn off the instant booking
  2. Allowed guest to check in on the weekend, add in extra cleaning fee
  3. Setting with minimum of 3 nights stay 
  4. Motivated booking 1 day in advance for every booking 

As if you have guest has instantly booking in the first listing announcements, you can always block the date in the second listing announcements to avoid the double booking. 
Beside, you can decline instantly booking with no penalty fee.
As a matter of fact, the second listing is controlled by you.
You can give a try to list 2 listings announcements in the same times.

Happy Hosting