New Host here. Where do I find the ability to write a review?

Kevin2172
Level 3
Oakland, CA

New Host here. Where do I find the ability to write a review?

Our first guest checked out at 11am. Everything was great. Our next guest is checking in at 4pm. I'd like to leave a review for my first guest. Is there a time lag before I can do so? Trying to find out the answer to the site is like being caught in a circle of hell. I read that I go to my Profile, Reviews but there nothing pops up that I can write about for my guest. Yes, I am logged in as a Host. The only reviews that I see are the ones that I wrote as a Traveler. Does a guest have to initiate the Review process? Also, my profile says I've been hosting since 2016, which is not true. I've only been a host for a week, but I have been a Traveler since 2016.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

You will get an email when the review period opens, and you can leave a review at that time. Lately, the review period has opened and the email sent 5 hours or more after checkout.

Awesome! Thank you! Too bad, that's not listed on the Help site (at least where I looked). I really appreciate your response.

Best,

Kevin

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kevin2172 

You will useally receive invitation to write a review within approx. 5 hours after latest check-out time  After that invitation,  buttons to do so will also appear in several place, f.e like in "list of reservations", "Inbox" and in the review section of your account:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

Your profile says you joined Airbnb since 2016 (which is true)

Thank you. The email actually came in 2:59 hours after the checkout time. I thought I was doing something wrong as I couldn’t see it before. Cheers! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kevin2172  When you have an Airbnb account, it doesn't distinguish between when you started using it as a traveler and when you became a host. You've been a member of Airbnb since 2016, period.

Debbie960
Level 2
Guénin, France

I cannot seem to be able to reply to my guest reviews, has something  changed?