New host queries regarding payment

Rukshan2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

New host queries regarding payment

I set up a new account only recently to start as a host. About a day after I set everything up including my bank details for the payouts, I had my first request from a guest. I accepted two nights but after 24 hours of him checking in, I'm still waiting to receive the payment from this. I've included my bank account to  receive the payment and it still says "checking" underneath. I thought my bank gets approved fairly quickly so I should be seeing "processing" by now. Have I done something or is this usually how long it takes. I have two pending transactions from two guests who are staying so at least it's there and I am getting paid but not sure why the delay.. 

23 Replies 23
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rukshan2  I believe there can be up to a 30 day wait for new hosts to receive payment for their first booking. I guess it's supposed to be some kind of quality control thing, to make sure the first guest doesn't report that it's a scam or a dump.

Rukshan2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Thanks for the response. Yes I did hear this through someone else but there's nothing official on the website or anywhere which is annoying. It needs to be started clearly.

Is there any way I can keep a track of the progress of the payout? Is there a number to phone?

@Rukshan2 In your reservations list, are the bookings showing as ‘confirmed’?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rukshan2 The 'checking' that you see is the type of account - It is the American for our current account.

Whatever system Airbnb use it usually takes about a week to actually get the money from their account to ours so I wouldn't worry too much. I am told Paypal is much quicker but I don't know how that works.

@Mike-And-Jane0 thank you for the response. That is confusing! I thought it meant that it was checking my account! Anyway, I checked the transactions and it's stated that I've money has been paid , however when I checked my online banking I haven't received the funds into my bank account. Does this take a while as well? 

Also my first guest has apparently left a review but I can't see it.

Not exactly a great start this 😡

Hi depending on when the payout was sent it can take a few days to process it. My bookings are usually over the weekend so my payouts get sent on a Saturday & my bank won’t process it until Monday. 

& yes, you cannot view your reviews until you also write a review or wait 14 days

@Rukshan2 you will be able to see your guest's review after 14 days or when you leave feedback for them. This means that both your and their reviews are blind.

Money is released the day after the stay starts but it usually takes nearly a week to get to us. You should be getting emails from Airbnb saying money has been sent as long as you have swu=itched these alerts on.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

The Help Center articles I am familiar with regarding payout must have changed recently.  Previously, the up to 30 day hold for new hosts was communicated.  Apparently the transaction history in your account is the best way to know what is going on.  

Rukshan2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Linda108 thanks Linda. I did check the transactions and it's stated that the money has been paid , however when I checked my online banking I haven't received the funds into my bank account. Does this take a while to come through? 

Also my first guest has apparently left a review but I can't see it.

Did you write a review about the guest?  When you do, both you and your guest will see each other's reviews.  If you do not write a review within 14 days, which of course is not a good idea, you will see the guest review after 14 days from check out date.

Philister0
Level 2
Shelton, CT

After your guest checks in, you should receive your payment within 24 hrs.

@Philister0 thanks, my account on Airbnb tells me that the payout has gone through but when I checked my bank no funds have been received. Does this take a while??

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Rukshan2 

Bankers don’t work on weekends or holidays and their hours are short on other days as well.

If you want to read through all the boring tripe they gave you when you opened your bank account you will probably find that deposits are not credited to your account for at least 24 hours not including weekends, and it could be 3 or even 5 working days if they aren’t familiar with the payor. 

Once their system recognizes Airbnb as a legitimate entity is should go faster.

@Brian2036 Yes I'm aware that they do not work every minute of the day but I had assumed it would just be a straight forward bank transfer which is usually instant.

Anyway hopefully I'll receive it soon