New to Airbnb in puerto Rico

Lee3898
Level 1
Georgia, United States

New to Airbnb in puerto Rico

Hello, 

My wife and I will be new hosts with Airbnb in Puerto Rico.  We are looking to get some guidance on what steps need to be taking with regards to registering and taxes in PR.  Any guidance and help would be very much appreciated.  

Thank you,

Lee

4 Replies 4
Alejandro1180
Level 2
Everett, MA

Im very interested in this same topic as Im new to this. Just acquired a new property in Isabela, PR and would like start hosting in Airbnb. What should be done to be legally compliant for taxes, etc. 

Thanks!

Jannette7
Level 2
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

@ Lee and Alejandro,

Thanks for your post, good to know I'm not alone.

This is what i know: a w9 form ensures that Airbnb collects the appropriate tax amount on your payouts. 

The website indicates "When we collect and remit occupancy taxes on your behalf, you can find the total occupancy tax amount in the Gross earnings or Completed payouts section of your Transaction History and in your payout report.

Does this mean that we do not have to collect and remit taxes?

Any accountant  or related field wanting to comment on this topic,  would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing you a successful hosting journey!

Jeffrey534
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

I am in the same boat here. We have a condo that we will like to rent out, but, not sure what the necessary steps are. Any help would be great 

Hey Lee! I run a real estate firm that handles ALL THINGS REAL ESTATE including buying properties to put on air bnb, registering Airbnbs, cleaning air bnbS and property managing air bnbs. Please feel free to research us on google. MAPA Realty to contact us directly 🙂