New to Hosting and have question

New to Hosting and have question

Hello everyone,

I'm located North of Toronto,ON Canada

I'm so new to this:-) I'm  trying to figure to understand when you put your nightly rate is it suppose to be per person or group?

I've look everywhere and i don't understand, also i don't want to scare people away with a high rate.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Maria-Vittoria9 

The price set is the price for the whole accommodation, for the maximum amount of guests as mentioned in the listing.

If you charge an additional fee per guest, then you can make some price-difference based on the amount of guests. Please note those fees are not subject to discounts (like weekly etc..)

adding-additional-fees-for-cleaning-and-extra-guests

thank you for getting back to me 🙂

i set it up as max 6 guest @ 300 a night, does that mean it charges each guest the 300.00 or just 300 a night for all?

my hushand wants to do a nightly rate, but every time we check on the amount of guests it goes up by the number of guests book

ex. 1= 300 a night

2=600

3 = 900 and so on

again any and all help it appreciated

@Maria-Vittoria9  Your nightly rate is for the rental, not per guest. So 6 people can stay for $300/night.

But what you might want to do is what Robert mentioned- charge a nightly rate for 4 guests, with an extra guest charge of $20- $25. Many hosts find that even though they can host up to a certain amount of guests, they actually prefer smaller groups- less bedding and towels to wash, less wear and tear. 

You just have to check with guests when they book that they have entered the correct number of guests they will be coming with, so they are charged accordingly.

We prefer to book couples who are looking for a quiet getaway by the ocean so our rate is for 2 people. We can accommodate up to 4 so we have a $20 per person per night for any guests after the first 2. The reason we started doing this is because people were booking on airb&b as 2 and then showing up with 4. It adds a lot to our cleaning so we priced it accordingly. 

Just checked out your listing! Definitely want more pictures of the inside! 

yes, i will be adding more, just confused about the rate