New to hosting. Looking for advice on bedding/linens/sheets. Which company and cotton vs. microfibre?

Answered!
Chris13961
Level 2
Thunder Bay, Canada

New to hosting. Looking for advice on bedding/linens/sheets. Which company and cotton vs. microfibre?

Hello All,

I am just beginning my journey with hosting and am looking for advice on the best sheets, linens, bedding options. I have looked high and low and get mixed reviews on so many items. 

I am torn between cotton vs. microfibre. 

I am in Canada and would ideally like to stick to Canadian products (mostly due to Covid and wait times on shipping)

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Our place is mid range in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. 

We hope to cater to a mix of families and travellers (we get a lot of traffic passing through the country) and possibly doctors in the winter who come up to work at the hospital.

Thank you so much everyone!

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris13961  I've ordered nice 100% sheets online and on sale from Hudson's Bay.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris13961  To each his own, but personally I wouldn't ever want to sleep on microfiber. It's also environmentally unsound- microfibres are showing up in water supplies. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Chris13961 , I'm the same as @Sarah977 on the microfibres -- go with (sustainably sourced) cotton and save the world. 🙂

You could do flannelette in winter (brrr, Thunder Bay!) as I do here. I find it lasts well. 

I think your closest Costco is something like Winnipeg, right? See what google says about it -- I just searched "sustainable cotton bedding Canada" and found some great-looking places. They may have some sales on. 

Diane1098
Level 2
Mississippi Mills, Canada

As a guest I 100% would not return if it was synthetic/microfibre linens. It’s bad for environment and uncomfortable. It’s not breathable, staticky and sweaty. Amazon, IKEA and Walmart have decent inexpensive cotton sheets. I also prefer duvet covers, because the larger bed spreads, comforters, quilts etc do not get washed. I’m the same for bnb and hotels. Hope that helps. Good luck with your hosting. I’m thinking about hosting as well. 

Please take a look at Vrsupplies.ca

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris13961  I've ordered nice 100% sheets online and on sale from Hudson's Bay.

Carol7065
Level 2
Rural, WI

So maybe I should invest in duvets and duvet covers? I also wondered if people have tried using simple  bedspreads(chenille maybe?), with perhaps a qullted cotton throw spread across it, for warmth and color. I'm assuming that people would want their external bedding (quilts, bedspreads, etc) washed - not just their sheets?

@Carol7065 I am new to hosting. I started with comforters, but it was too much to wash. I now use two cotton sheets and have heavier blankets in the closest if a guess needs it. I only was if used. 

I have covers on mattresses and pillow cases. I no longer use decorative  pillows.