4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Vashti4 

Your listing is new.

Maybe have some patience.

BTW

You offer 20% promotional discount for first 3 bookings.

Your monthly discount is 45% (+20% promotion discount) !

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Vashti4 couple of things Vashti , put a little more about yourself in your profile . Maybe take some more pis

cs and do things like closeups of coffee pots or something pretty like flowers . the 'dining room is only a coffee table so leave that out .close up of maybe the front door . Mention nice things about your space and go for an 'up vibe'. find your market and talk to them . Your two stays really think about why they chose you . in other words make people aware . also take of that enormous discount while you are under the start up 20 percent discount. Add a few things and adjust as you go along .Use discount stores to add throws or pics or kitchenware.Good Luck . It will happen H

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Vashti4 

Please take this as constructive criticism as I think your listing has a lot to offer but just needs some improvements to make it more inviting. As it is, I wouldn't book it as it looks a bit stark and bare, rather than cosy and inviting, and your photos could be better.

Here are a few suggestions:

- You list pool as an amenity but there are no photos of the pool. Include some as this is a real selling point.

- Some of your photos look a bit out of focus and some are very dark. Perhaps you need a tripod to steady the camera. Where there is a natural light source, let in as much as possible. For example, unless the view is really bad, fully open the blinds before taking photos. 

- The TV appears to be on the floor. Either get a TV stand or cabinet or securely mount it on the wall. You offer loads of streaming services, which is great, but watching a TV that's on the floor is not enjoyable!

- The living space and bedrooms are very bare. Add some throws or cushions and put some pictures on the walls. The latter can be bought inexpensively at thrift stores.

- The beds look really uninviting and uncomfortable. I don't know if this is how you offer them to guests or just how it was when you took the photos. The mattresses might be amazing, but you appear to only have a sheet or thin bedspread thrown over them. You need to supply a duvet/comforter or reasonably thick quilt. One bed has a couple of sad looking pillows and the other no pillows at all. Make up the beds properly and take new photos. Again, let in more natural light.

- In my opinion, bedrooms should always have at least one bedside table with a lamp. 

- Take a photo of the bath with the shower curtain open. Guests want to see what the bath or shower looks like. Put the toilet seat down when you take a photo.

- I don't see a dining area, but I do see an obvious space for one. As soon as you can afford it, add a table and chairs to the area by the balcony. 

- The balcony should be a selling point, but it's completely bare. Add a couple of chairs and a small table so that people can relax out there. If you have time to water/maintain them, add a couple of potted plants or window boxes. Choose low maintenance, drought resistant ones if you can't water them often.

- The door looks scuffed and could do with a lick of paint.

- Post a better profile photo. Yours is very dark and you are sideways!

I don't know what your budget is, but go to discount and thrift stores or look on Ebay, Facebook Marketplace and similar. It is possible to furnish and decorate on a shoestring if you know where to look.

@Vashti4   Everything that @Huma0  said x2.

Also, if you need to leave messages for guests in the bathroom, don't write them in marker on the mirror. That looks like something out of a horror movie. Just make a printed sign.

Overall, the mostly-empty space currently looks more suitable as long-term housing for tenants with their own furniture than as a short-term rental for travelers. There's nothing wrong with that - it might fill a legitimate need in your area - but Airbnb is not the best resource for this as it hits guests with hefty fees and deprives you of the means to run checks and take a deposit. If you don't actually want to be a landlord, and you prefer to accommodate short trips, what I'd actually suggest is to delete the whole listing, do a major upgrade with as many of Huma's suggestions as you're able to implement,  re-shoot and start over. I say this because new listings get prominently displayed in search results for just a few weeks after launching, and that opportunity is wasted when a listing goes live before it's truly guest-ready.