On becoming a superhost. . .

Craig683
Level 2
Redmond, WA

On becoming a superhost. . .

I know that becoming a superhost is a real bump in listing placement.  I also know that it is awarded to many 5 star reviews.  Quick question:  How does it work for longer stays?  I have someone staying with me for 97 days - how does that factor into the review process?  Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

@Craig683  Be sure to read through the Help Center articles - there's a lot of useful info in there. For example:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/829/how-to-become-a-superhost

Honestly, many hosts find that Superhost doesn't make a noticeable difference in the search algorithm. It's really just a gimmick Airbnb uses to get in your head. If you got a 97 night stay without it, you're doing just fine.

For what it's worth, the rating average calculation isn't weighted by the length of stay.  A 5 star rating for 1 night counts exactly the same as one for 100 nights. Of course, if you're doing long stays, it will take you much, much longer to recover from a lower rating.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Craig683   Taking months-long bookings means you get less reviews. The Superhost criteria is 10 bookings during the 365 days prior to the quarterly Superhost assessment or  100 days booked over 3 reservations. 

You also need to maintain a 4.8 rating. So if you, for instance, had 3 bookings of this length over the course of a year, and one of those guests left a 4* review, you would not make Superhost.  Whereas if you only took short term bookings, and had 50 5* reviews, one 4* wouldn't bring your rating down much. 

But as Andrew said, don't get sucked into thinking Superhost status gives you some huge advantage. It does not  seem to affect search ranking to any great extent. Hosts who have had that status, then lost it, say it had no noticeable affect on their bookings.