Payment method

Kelly1449
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

Payment method

Hi I’m new to hosting set up my payment method and had my first guests last weekend had a email to say a payment has been sent and will be in my account by the 2nd of July But my payment method still says it is checking and also has default on the top it has been over 5 working days but confused that if my payment method is not working where will this money go many thanks for any help 

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kelly1449 our payments usually take a good week to get into our account once they are sent so I wouldn't panic just yet

Ok but what if my account that the money is ment to go in still says it is checking ?

9AD2E119-7422-4A01-BDCA-93F64775339D.png

@Kelly1449 checking is American for current account. It does not mean someone is checking your account.

Oh I see 😁😁 thankyou 👍

Checking is the type of account at your bank.  You have two options when you create an account, Checking (meaning you write checks from it) and Savings (meaning you generally don't take money out... or at least as frequently as you would in a checking account).  Savings sometimes get better rates because the money is more stable.

When you created the account to link for payouts, you had a selection at one point to identify if it was a checking or savings account.  No idea if it actually matters, I've never tried it with the wrong classification of account.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just to say it's better if you have a profile photo as it installs trust  @Kelly1449