Pre-approval confusion

Pre-approval confusion

Hello! Can someone who sent me an inquiry go ahead and book without me pre-approving or, now that I’ve answered their question, are they just waiting for me to hit pre-approve so they can book? Like I said, I’ve already answered their questions so ball is in their court, but I’m worried that I’m going to miss out on a booking because the guest is waiting on me to hit “pre-approval.” Thank you!

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julianna31 

Just pre-approve the guest if you like them to book.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Julianna31 if you have neither pre-approved, nor declined, then it is as if the guest never sent the inquiry. Depending on your instant-book requirements, they can either instant-book or send a booking request. If you pre-approve, then they can instant-book without sending a booking request regardless of your usual instant-book requirements.

If you want them to book, why not just pre-approve?

@Lisa723   I have 2 guests who want the same dates, and I know if I pre-approve both, my dates will still remain clear until/if one of them decides to book. But what I am concerned about is, are they both waiting on me to hit pre-approval? Or can they go ahead and book if they want to?

@Julianna31 as I said, depending on your instant-book requirements, they can either instant-book or send a booking request.

@Lisa723 sorry, I’m just super new to this, so having some confusion. So basically, I don’t have to pre-approve or decline because, either way, they can still book, but then I’m not sure why I would ever want to pre-approve since it’s first come, first serve. What is the pre-approval for if me hitting that button doesn’t affect their ability to book? Thank you!

@Julianna31 The pre-approve button is really redundant if you have Instant Book switched on (ie people can book without contacting you first). If you do have IB on you can still pre-approve which may or may not help you to persuade the guest to book with you but you don't have to.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Lisa723 @Emiel1  Thank you for all your help! I’m such a newbie I just had my first guests leave today, lol! I appreciate you!!

@William810 Lol! I think my confusion came from the fact that I have 2 guests who want the same dates so I’m wanting to let whoever books first get it. I was just worried that if I did nothing, they wouldn’t be allowed to book, like they were waiting on me.