Preapproval

Shalea1
Level 2
Detroit, MI

Preapproval

Hi , I am fairly new to air bnb hosting. I have a question is there a way I can preapproval or deny all of my guest before they book. If possible I want to filter out people from booking from my same state ( mainly same area being that we had a very bad experience with someone young booking and throwing and party at my place) . I would you like your pros and cons on this. Please and thank you. 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shalea1  If you want the opportunity to communicate with guests before they book, you have to turn off Instant Book. Then all guests need to send inquiries and requests whuch you must approve or decline. Learn the difference between Inquiries and Requests- an Inquiry you only have to respond to- message the guest back within 24 hours, you don't have to either decline or pre-approve.

As far as not accepting locals (which is a good idea), you won't necessarily know where a guest is coming from, and they can lie about it. And sometimes even good, experienced guests can simply forget to update their Airbnb profile when they move.

Thank you so much this was very helpful!

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi  @Shalea1 

Welcome to the community 😊

Although many hosts advise the new host never to turn on the instant booking, dead set of the instant booking to prevent the party guest, discover the Idea guest and maintain the Superhost status.

It is all dependent on your listing.

Is a bet on your listing is a valuable house, fancy home, and expensive property or affordable accommodation, economic dwellings, and a budget furnished home.

Don't worry, and you do what you have to do!

Turn on or turn off the instant booking is a WIN-WIN situation.

Airbnb Instant Booking Advantage 

1. Convenient, getting booked and making money
  2. Increased bookings 
  3. More guests interested
  4. Top page in search results
  5. Guest required to confirm the phone number, email address, profile photos, and payment Information
  6. The additional requirement to the guest of government-issued identification and recommendation from another host
  7. Maintain a 90% of response rate
  8. Repose rate go up, listing placement in search results of running smoothly 
  9. Can set up highlights to be created with the potential issue in Prebooking messages 
  10. Allowed same day booking and the options for setup a cutoff times

Airbnb Instant Booking Disadvantages 

1. The guest never read your listing
  2. Double booking
  3. Non-ideal guest
  4. Guest want to bring a stranger and an extra guests
  5. The guest didn't read the listing, so they thought there is a five* stars hotel; they smoke
  6.  If you live in New Jersey, they want to go to Times Square 
  7. Guest wouldn't follow the house rules because they didn't read 
  8. Guest arrive anytime they wish
  9. bring a pet without your concern 
  10. Awkward and Always A Suprise, third party booking

The hosting game is getting booked! 

Indecisive? And make up your minds! 

Relax your mind! Hug a tree, take a walk and sing in the shower ✌️Relax your mind! Hug a tree, take a walk and sing in the shower ✌️

Happy Hosting!