Pricinh

Jo740
Level 1
Canterbury, New Zealand

Pricinh

Hi there. I'm very new to Airbnb hosting and have managed to take a booking well below the price I should have got for a certain period. Eek!

Is there any way I can adjust pricing to make weekend stays more expensive than midweek? I have smart pricing on and not keen to mess with this in case it alters the confirmed bookings - or will this not actually happen?

Many thanks

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jo740 Turn smart pricing OFF. Now set your own prices manually and you can use the professional tools feature to make rule sets for different prices for different days if the week or times of year. In the meantime, snooze your listing, so you don't get anymore bookings at ridiculous prices, until you have everything set correctly.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jo740 From what I can see smart pricing isn't very smart.  It doesn't seem to recognise holidays (school or Christmas for instance) but rather relies on booking rates/views in the locality to adjust prices. It also seems to reduce pricing the closer it gets to the nights in question. As a result a number of bookings will be made before the algorithm adjusts the price. 

The worst thing however is you can't seasonally adjust the min and max prices or adjust them for weekends. This alone makes it very dangerous to use.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jo740 Forgot to ask - Did the system allow a price lower than the minimum you have set? If so you might have had the issue we had a few months ago.