Pros and cons creating my very 1st "host" listing on a new ABB account than the personal "guest" account ?

Answered!

Pros and cons creating my very 1st "host" listing on a new ABB account than the personal "guest" account ?

Hello from France,

I've been a guest with ABB for the last few years,  have a few personal good reviews from hosts and have recently invested in a small  building in the south of France with a few flats to rent as a host.

Just about to start creating my listings on my personal ABB account, I wonder if it is not best to separate things by using a dedicated email and branded name for the host activity. I have a separate bank account for the investment & host activity ... etc.

In short, I do not want this business activity to be mixed with my personal life (look at my profile ABB guest photo, lol) and wonder if ABB does a great job at this or if I need to have distinct accounts for this to happen.

To start with, the 1st thing to know may be if is it allowed by ABB to have a "personal" account (guest) and a "pro" one (host) as these are two very different planets?

If so, as I have different flats, is it possible to link a specific email to each via aliases so as to be able to filter automatically incoming mails, or this is not an issue as all communications will happen on ABB's interface?

Thanks in advance for your tips, I'm eager to start my listings with the photos taken today ... and will look in conversations here tips on making a good listing 😉

1 Best Answer

Thankyou very much. I will follow your advice and have a look at ABB's professional hosting tools.
I wish you a very nice day.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You are only meant to have one Airbnb account @Patrick2190  and can add all your listings to that one account.

If you have good reviews from hosts can't see why it would be an issue (see my profile) to have your reviews as a guest. ( you can easily change your profile pic) 

Have a look at at Airbnb Help for information on professional hosting tools. 

Thankyou very much. I will follow your advice and have a look at ABB's professional hosting tools.
I wish you a very nice day.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Patrick2190 Separating the two accounts can make sense if things go wrong. Could you put the listing in a partner's name and you be the co-host?

Hello, this is not the case yet. I'm mot 100% sure about what you mean either :  what would go wrong and how 2 accounts would help fix the situation? To start anew because of a bad reputation (I hope I'll never have)?