Reduce or increase price while on NEW LISTING badge?

Andres819
Level 1
Cuenca, Ecuador

Reduce or increase price while on NEW LISTING badge?

Hi Airbnb community I'm pretty new around here,

I just wanted to ask these questions since I have had my second client on 2 weeks of launch.

I see that I can price more money that the average airbnb listing (on weekends) and get 5 stars, but the problem is on the week days I don't get any reserve... even with the Airbnb NEW listing boost.

Maybe the whole city is just low this month on the week days... or maybe I'm charging too much or It's because the stars don't appear just yet publicly, I don't have a lot of data to really confirm that, but the question would be: Should I take advantage of the boost and keep pricing above the average or the opposite?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andres819 Where are you getting your information as to what the average Airbnb rate is?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Price in line with local comparable listings @Andres819 

you can price lower during the week if it's not so much in demand

but it takes time to build up bookings particularly in the current climate when restrictions on travel mean there aren't as many visitors .

did you look at Airdna or speak to your local tourist board for footfall data before you listed to get data? 

what are bookings like generally in your area and is it an area with a high number of listings ? These factors will affect demand as well as if you are in peak season or low season for your area.